random calls

AndyMan

Reaction score
over the past week or two, i keep getting calls from numbers in my area code. when i answer, nothing is there and call disconnects after a sec seconds. calling the number back, it says number is not in service... i keep getting these, all hours of the day, one or two calls a day. it never leaves a vm.

i called verizon and their records show no sort of calls by those numbers, and its a new number each time.

ive ran a few virus scans, nothing found.

all my apps are legit apps

Any clue?

OP
A

AndyMan

Reaction score
damn over 500 views and no suggestions...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a scammer. I get a call about twice a week from a random number. Just let it ring and ignore it. My philosophy on unknown/unexpected calls is if I am not expecting a call or don't know the number, especially if I don't recognize the area code, I don't answer it. If it is important the person will leave a voice mail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xtor

Reaction score
Download a call blocker app and add the # to it, and it will be blocked, you can also add blocked #s and 800 #s to be blocked. If anyone calls you don't like you can add there # to your block list, you can set it up to send blocked calls to voice mail or my preference it hangs up on them

my razr's sharper then yours ™

OP
A

AndyMan

Reaction score
Download a call blocker app and add the # to it, and it will be blocked, you can also add blocked #s and 800 #s to be blocked. If anyone calls you don't like you can add there # to your block list, you can set it up to send blocked calls to voice mail or my preference it hangs up on them

my razr's sharper then yours ™

its never the same number though, so all I would be doing is building a list of random numbers..