RadioTime for android

Technoman

Reaction score
+100000000000 for all of the updates on RadioTime. I now have my favorite Dallas Sports Talk show... and it works superb!! I am loving me some RadioTime!!

VolDroid

Reaction score
I agree totally with the positive comments about Radiotime. They had my favorite local sports talk show on their web site but it wouldn't play on my phone. I emailed them about it and now it's up and running on my phone now. Great customer service and app.

Petey

Reaction score
I love the app myself. However, I've had an issue installing the latest update from the Marketplace. After the update finishes downloading and tries to install, I keep getting an error message that says, "Insufficient Storage". I looked on my phone and verified I have more than enough space left on my phone to install the update. I have also updated/installed other app's after getting this error so I know it's isolated to RadioTime. Has anyone else had this problem?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I been using the website at work for a few weeks. I'm in luv with the site and the app. I rarely pay for apps for my phone, but this is one of the few I had to buy.

ctxx24

Reaction score
I got the app today 2nd one i have bought..however the site said my 2 stations i like where on my droid but there not...hopefully they can add them...the sports talk one i was listning to seemed to start and stop alot maby i didnt have many bars or something...

nooter99

Reaction score
just downloaded radiotime half an hour ago. Couple of quick questions. Where are my favorites located? Tagged a couple of stations as favorites, but can't find where they are listed. When I hit the menu button on my Droid it asks for a username and password, but this doesn't seem to do anything, just takes me back to previous screen. What gives? Finally, are buffering issues normal?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used them at their website b4 they had a Droid app. So my favorites was setup from there. The presets is the favorites. I think u have to sign in to have favorites saved.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I listen to a few stations here and there... and RadioTime is great but so damn annoying sometimes with the buffering problems. I mean Id rather it buffer for like 2 minutes, be late and not bother me again than have it stop every 5-30 seconds for a few seconds of buffering. Almost angry at RadioTime for this issue.

sjuelz

Reaction score
I'm new motorola droid user and the question I have is how do you stop this app. I currently have one station thats been playing all day long. I have went under settings and app to try and stop it but it is not listed.

cabotcat

Reaction score
I'm new motorola droid user and the question I have is how do you stop this app. I currently have one station thats been playing all day long. I have went under settings and app to try and stop it but it is not listed.

Simply hit the pause button and go about doing other things on your Droid.

rgn2000

Reaction score
I too love Radio Time, but has anyone noticed any issues with the latest release that came out 2 weeks ago (with the droid)? I am finding that it does buffer a little more and also finding that when I try to run other applications while streaming many times it drops it and when you go back in it restarts the app completely. It has lost its mutitasking capabilities for some reason. Also if you have paused a station (which I do when I get out of my car) and then run some other apps and then go back in a lot of the time Radio Time restarts back up and does not go right to the channel you were just playing. Also once a in a while the stream stops and won't start back up on it's own and you get some sort of reading error and you have to hit play to get it back.

I emailed them 2 days ago, but they have no responded with any comments like they know or asked me any more questions.

ctxx24

Reaction score
yeah mine seems to stop if loading a web page but keeps going when its finished (sometimes) but if i dont have all bars it buffers alot.

Big Cam

Reaction score
If your local station streams online, you can listen to it on your Droid, just not in a cool AP.

I've used moodio.fm for years on my blackberry, and now on my Droid to stream my local stations.

They recently changed their name to mymuze.fm. but either way, check that site out. You create a free account, which is just an email address then you can search for your station and if its not there, you can add it. It sucks that it plays in the native player, and you literally can't do anything else or it will stop the stream, but for certain local stations, its the best free option.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well......I get all my local stations at their website. On my Droid? About half....Still, RadioTime gives me waaay more local stations than other streaming radio apps. Maybe when Flash becomes available that will make things better. I would just as well go to the site in the browser and get the stations that way.

Mercury

Reaction score
Love the app, but getting too many stream stops. Good for five minutes then off.