radio via bluetooth

mbd4524

Reaction score
The radio app (or any other sound other than a call) does not seem to work with my bluetooth headset. I forgot this and by mistake I ordered a Motorola t505 bluetooth fm speaker. I assume the radio apps will not work with it either. Thats a huge bummer. All my previous phones I was able to do this no problem. Any fixes for this?

tennvol

Reaction score
Does your bluetooth device support a2dp ? My jawbone does and it streams audio

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
I am not sure. I was able to do this no problem with my other phones (mainly nokia). Has anybody else been successful in streaming music to a bluetooth device (or specifically the Motorola t505).
Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

a_bug

Reaction score
Droid No Like no A2DP

mbd4524,

I learned about this issue the day I got my Droid from a moto rep who actually called the techs back at the home base.

The Droid (and i believe all android phones) only allow media audio to go through Stereo BT only (i.e. A2DP). If your BT device is not A2DP, then you can only get Voice.

This is a serious bummer i know. I used to use my mono BT ear piece all the time with my Nokia phone(s).

And there are few (if any) single Ear A2DP BT devices.

So the answer is - Can't do it. This is actually baked in to the Android OS (afaik).

Good luck;

A (sad BT) Bug :wink: