Radio Update

mjones73

Reaction score
I've been looking around but haven't found an answer yet. Is there any way to flash the newest radio without returning my phone to stock to accept the OTA?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around but haven't found an answer yet. Is there any way to flash the newest radio without returning my phone to stock to accept the OTA?

Nope. To achieve that, we should need S-Off, and currently we are still S-On, you will need to take the OTA (as far as I know) to get the radio.

I do think someone pulled the firmware files from the OTA and turned it into a PH image flashable in bootloader, but I don't know if that contained the radio or not, it may have just been the .img, baseband, and kernel.

OP
M

mjones73

Reaction score
Thanks, current one seems ok, guess I'll break down and do it this weekend... I wonder if the current RUU will do the job, guess I'll find out. :)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, current one seems ok, guess I'll break down and do it this weekend... I wonder if the current RUU will do the job, guess I'll find out. :)

The latest RUU is for main version 2, so check your bootloader, if you see HBOOT-2.xx.xxxx than that RUU should work for you!

The latest official RUU is the latest OTA as well just FYI