Radio App?

NVash

Reaction score
Not anything fancy, not Sirius, XM, Pandora, Slacker, none of that. Im just looking for an everyday run of the mill radio, kinda like what used to come standard in a car. You know, the ones that pick up all the FM stations in the vicinity? Are there any radio apps like that on the Droid?

Reaction score
Not anything fancy, not Sirius, XM, Pandora, Slacker, none of that. Im just looking for an everyday run of the mill radio, kinda like what used to come standard in a car. You know, the ones that pick up all the FM stations in the vicinity? Are there any radio apps like that on the Droid?

Try IheartRadio, I really like it and it's free.

jasonb

Reaction score
my fav is DroidLive. it has all the shoutcast stations on it.

Technoman

Reaction score

NVash
The Droid can't pick up just any radio station, since it has no AM/FM receiver. All of the stations that you will be able to get are going to be streamed via the web. There are stations in most markets available in various different applications, and via web links. Some require flash, and until we have flash available, we will be limited with what we can get.

I have CherryRplayer, and it has several local stations in the Dallas TX market. There is another application that is coming later (it will be a pay app) that has more options. It is called WunderRadio - WunderRadio

Just remember that unless the station is streaming via the internet, your Driod will not be capable of picking it up with any APP.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Thanks for all your help everyone. I was trying to find an app that would help me pick up my college radio station, figured if it could pick up all the other stations itd pick that up. Im going to have to go see if they have it streaming online.

Technoman

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Thanks for all your help everyone. I was trying to find an app that would help me pick up my college radio station, figured if it could pick up all the other stations itd pick that up. Im going to have to go see if they have it streaming online.

Check out this site
RadioTime: Find and listen to Talk, Music and Local Radio Online

It seems to be the most comprehensive listing of stations that I have found. I believe that once we have Adobe Flash Player you will have access to all of these, and it will be free.

The afore mentioned APP from WunderRadio links to this site's stations, so if it is there that APP should be able to play it once they get the Android version completed.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Checking out that RadioTime site almost got me to buy WunderRadio for my iTouch. Until I remembered the internet comes and goes on there frequently. But when it comes over to Droid Ill seriously consider it. My school site is online and streaming it seems so if it picks that up I may just grab it. Thanks for the helpe everyone.