R2D2 Giveaway by Motorola Via Twitter

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
r2dsfree.jpg

While some stores might have ran out of the new Star wars themed device (even thought it is still available online), it seems Motorola is looking out for you. In a recent tweet, they spoke of what seems to be an impending giveaway of the Droid 2 brother.

The details are very limited, but I am sure if you follow them, you will have a heads up on when this contest will start.

Does anyone in the forum own a R2D2 Droid?

News via: IntoMobile

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

sockrnut

Reaction score
In regards to the give-away of the R2D2 Droid.. I really have won this phone on the Verizon Insider on Facebook. It will arrive on either Monday or Tuesday. Verizon Insider this week is giving away tickets to any Broncos Home Game including Air Fare and the whole works.
Now depending on the phone I may not want it. I have a BB Storm that does all I want it too and then some. My Verizon contract for a new phone doesn't happen until 1/11, so I may be willing to accept offers on this phone. Being closer to 70 than 35 it may not be what I'm looking for. I'll need to wait until the Wife sees the phone and she of course will have first right of refusal.... I'll keep you all posted...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never win ANYTHING, but...

Well...

2010-11-03_12-31-43_130.jpg

2010-11-03_12-32-05_218.jpg

2010-11-03_12-32-17_24.jpg

2010-11-03_12-33-05_500.jpg

2010-11-03_12-33-44_484.jpg

2010-11-03_12-34-40_554.jpg

Came with the dock AND a wired headset!

2010-11-03_12-37-20_208.jpg

Familiar...

2010-11-03_12-37-26_269.jpg

Familiar in a different way...

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't believe someone in our community actually won!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jjq224

Reaction score
I have a BB Storm that does all I want it too and then some.

I gave up a BB Storm to get the R2-D2 Droid 2. I truly love both phones. Let me give you a brief rundown of what to expect if you change (pros & cons of each). Please note that these are the things that I have noticed from using both - there may be more.

BB - Has a sleep mode that stops all incoming alerts.
Droid - No - the blinking LED is annoying when you use the phone as an alarm clock.

BB - Will automatically turn on (or shut off) based on a timer you can set.
Droid - No - off is off, on is on.

BB - You can get different emails that actually interact with the server side (so when you deleted - let's say a hotmail email - it deletes it on the hotmail server as well), and each email has its own icon
Droid - Gmail and now Yahoo (with an app) are the only two you can do that with. You can get hotmail and Verizon, but they do not interact with the server side.

BB - Cannot load (or run) apps from the SD card
Droid - You can (some apps), which gives you a lot more space for apps

BB - Notorious for memory leaks so a reboot is necessary daily
Droid - Runs Linux - no such issues.

BB - When using Google maps, you have the option of "track up" or "north up". I always use track up to see what's ahead easier.
Droid - "North up" only. Takes some getting used to, but not much of an issue

BB - Poor voice command control, unless you buy Vlingo
Droid - complete voice control to open text message, mail, etc.

BB - Only one home screen that is not very customizable
Droid - Almost complete control over the look of the machine (although with the R2-D2 unit, why change much? :D)

Again, let me state that I LOVED my BB Storm, but I am not sorry for giving it up. My little R2 unit is a fantastic conversation piece. I uploaded the entire Star Wars saga soundtrack and use the songs as my ring tones (something I was dissapointed with - the lack of decent Star Wars related ring tones - the few they have are R2 making R2 noises).

In the words of Yoda, "Choose wisely, you must." I believe I made the right choice.

BTW - the Star Wars Empire Strikes Back app was worth the download (IMHO). Lots of great stuff if you are a true Star Wars geek.

Enjoy!

xADRx

Reaction score
I was named a winner in this contest too. Got the message via twitter from MOTO MOBILE and after being contacted via email from Danny i am yet to receive my phone. Last email i got was on the 29th of Oct. saying that i will be sent a confirmation of shipping when its sent. WTF

xADRx

Reaction score
nvm just got contacted and received shipping number. Ill have my phone Monday =] =] =] =]

xADRx

Reaction score
did ur r2d2 prize come with a microsd card or no?