Quicklaunch type app like blackberry storm???

diavlo

Reaction score
Is there an app something like the Quicklaunch for storm, single file add a shortcut for direct dial,text,app etc, that is one of the best apps I had on the storm really miss it!

Anyone feel the same??

I do know the Droid has several options, but I think the storm Quicklaunch did it better.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes just long press on yur phone and select widget then add "contact" that gives you the option to either call or text the person.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there an app something like the Quicklaunch for storm, single file add a shortcut for direct dial,text,app etc, that is one of the best apps I had on the storm really miss it!

Anyone feel the same??

I do know the Droid has several options, but I think the storm Quicklaunch did it better.

go into settings/applications the quicklaunch app is there. You can assign them there....

Ex: hitting search/G brings up gmail

way back in the beginning of november you asked the same question and got the above answer from ck. have you not figured it out yet or are you just trolling?

JayMonster

Reaction score
This is an excellent example of something I've been talking about with people thinking that something a phone does solely because that is the only way that platform can work to be the only way it "should" be done because that is what they know.

My suggestion to anything like this is... check the Market because if it really is a loved way of doing something by more than just a few people... an apparently has been or will be made to fill that need. But also, experiment with how the Droid works and once you get used to a new way you may like it as much or more as what you are accustomed to.

OP
D

diavlo

Reaction score
Wow lets not get to stressed now gentlemen, for me it was a quick and easy way to do everything i needed without too many limits, the folders on the homescreen are ok, and Im completely aware that I BOUGHT A DROID NOT A BLACKBERRY,AND DONT MISS IT!!!!!!

JayMonster

Reaction score
I wasn't stressing (sorry if it came across as such), but I thought this was a good example of what I was trying to point out in old habits sometimes die hard. And I do believe, if there are enough former blackberry users looking for such a thing, the Market will respond with that app much the way Chomp and Handcent answered the call for other SMS features that Android lacked.

Lynx

Reaction score
Dunno if you knew this but you can set keyboard shorcuts to just about anything you want.....