Quick question for those who have had the RAZR longer.

maverick31210

Reaction score
So I just jumped to the RAZR from my TBolt, used to have a D1 before that (still the best phone to hold and operate in my opinion)....anyway question is, on the RAZR when I get a picture sent through text and I long press to save it, it saves to the phone's internal storage instead of my SD cars. All my other phones saved to SD (I'm sure because they didn't have internal storage, but regardless.....) Question is, how do I change it so it saves to SD instead of internal?

Reaction score
This cannot be changed with stock text messaging. If you use a third party app like handcent, you can change the save location I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
Oh really? Thank you for the information. I'm digging the stock messenger app to be honest, I was a GO SMS user before but just because I didn't like HTC anything LOL. I have been a fan of Motorola for a while. I can move them using the file manager but it's kind of a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is saving to the card..

sdcard and sdcard-ext are both the removable card...

sdcard/messaging

----posted maxx'ed out----

Wopback

Reaction score
Yup....handcent does this

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It is saving to the card..

sdcard and sdcard-ext are both the removable card...

sdcard/messaging

----posted maxx'ed out----

No, it's not saving to the card. In the file structure of the RAZR, "sdcard" is not the removable memory. It is the partitioned portion of the internal memory for user access. It has to be named "sdcard" due to how Android recognizes storage. Only "sdcard-ext" is the removable memory (ext = external). So the phone saves the photos to the internal memory, not the microSD card like the OP would like.

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers guys. So from what I am understanding, either use a third party txt app or move pics manually. Am I correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums