Quick Home Replacement Question

Shortyj13

Reaction score
I currently have a HTC TB, got it right when it came out. LOVE IT. But, one of the few things that drives me nuts is the inability to overwrite the stock launcher. I use Go Launcher Ex and really love it, been using it since my old D1. When you press the home button you always have to select which launcher you want it to go to, even if you select "use by default" and then Go Launcher Ex. That only works for a few minutes to an hour.

So, my question is, I will be possibly upgrading to a newer phone soon and wanted to know if it's only the TB that has this problem, or all HTC phones? And, do any other brand/models not allow you to change your default launcher. No, apps like Home Switcher, and Home Manager do not fix this issue.

I realize this has probably been asked in some form before but i can't find just the info I am looking for, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know the Droids do allow.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had a Dinc before and ran LauncherPro with it without any problems. However I was on a custom ROM as well.

OP
S

Shortyj13

Reaction score
Does anyone know yet if the Galaxy S3 allows you to change your default home for good like the droids do?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't own an S3, but from what I heard, yes you can change the launcher