quick help please

telex9471

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to sapphire and just did a full wipe and restore to the newest version. I have used many different ROM's and I do not understand this one. This ROM comes with nothing.... No market so I can restore any apps with Titanium. I googled this and saw a post stating I need to install google apps apk so I did and I have more apps but still no market. Where is that bastard hiding?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to sapphire and just did a full wipe and restore to the newest version. I have used many different ROM's and I do not understand this one. This ROM comes with nothing.... No market so I can restore any apps with Titanium. I googled this and saw a post stating I need to install google apps apk so I did and I have more apps but still no market. Where is that bastard hiding?

Go here: sapphire:releases:2.0.2 [CCRoms Wiki]

and follow the directions there. It is really simple when done right and it's a great rom.

Good luck.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Sounds like someone is so spoiled by ROMS that include gapps that he didn't bother reading the info that states that you must install gapps separately!

NattyBee

Reaction score
Sounds like someone is so spoiled by ROMS that include gapps that he didn't bother reading the info that states that you must install gapps separately!

Very few roms come with Google apps packaged separately...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That's true. I didn't haze him about it because I did the same thing one time and I've been installing custom roms on my Droid for over a year now. Some times you just get so excited about a new rom, you just jump on it!! :)

NattyBee

Reaction score

That's true. I didn't haze him about it because I did the same thing one time and I've been installing custom roms on my Droid for over a year now. Some times you just get so excited about a new rom, you just jump on it!! :)

Indeed...and for one who is unaccustomed to this practice, even the term "gapps" is confusing...I myself have never tried a rom without them included...

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now why is it that some roms install the gapps with it, and some you have to install separately? I have seen where people say that on certain roms Google says you have to, but I have never seen the reason behind it. Anyone care to elaborate on it for me?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now why is it that some roms install the gapps with it, and some you have to install separately? I have seen where people say that on certain roms Google says you have to, but I have never seen the reason behind it. Anyone care to elaborate on it for me?

If I recall correctly, Google sent Koush a letter stating that he was not supposed to bundle Gapps in his rom. It was assumed this happened because Cyanogen Mod had gotten so very big/popular that it attracted their attention. He was told he could provide the Gapps as a separate install and so that is what he did. CVPS then adopted the same procedure. Most others did not.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way it works out is that Google does not want their proprietary apps included in non official phones/builds. Roms based on official OTAs for phones that come with the market can have google apps packaged into the rom itself, but aosp roms are not supposed to have them packaged in. CyanogenMod even got a C&D over it all a while back.

It's just how some low end phones not made by big manufacturers don't even come with the market. It's because google wants control over what phones run their apps.

OP
telex9471

telex9471

Reaction score
Good info guys, thanks. Yea I installed Sapphire and I had a google apps apk, but it was the wrong one. It must have been one from another ROM and I accedantally installed the wrong one.