I really want to use Sapphire!!!

Lars1

Reaction score
My issue is simply restoring apps.

I am coming from Kanga's latest (slowing down terribly, not sure why) and I NEED something new!

My problem seems to be that many of my apps were moved to SD in my previous ROM (through apps2SD) and when I try to re-install, they all go to my main memory, maxing it out before I can even restore completely.

I am using TiBU but I'm not quite sure how to best utilize it, do I restore apps, data, both???

I have got it successfully installed (twice) including market fix, because my paid apps weren't showing in the market, GAPPS, and theme, but when it comes to reinstalling ALL of my apps, I hit a brick wall and had to revert to a backup ROM.

Does the new Sapphire come with apps2sd enabled or must I enable it? Will it find my previously re-located apps?

Can someone help? Please? (I am a noob so please be gentle)

TIA

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
Sapphire, from what I can tell comes with the official apps2sd support in Froyo, that means only apps the developer has designated in their manifest to go to the sd card can be moved there.

So if you want to use Sapphire, cut back on the number of apps you're installing, install them in groups and move the ones that can be moved and/or start bugging the devs to mark their apps to be able to be moved.

serveitup911

Reaction score
I know there's an option in titanium backup that forces restored apps to go to there original positions. So, an internal app would be restored to internal memory. But, an app that was on your sd card would be restored to your sd card.

In titanium, go to menu -> preferences -> force to same location

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
No, I went to UD 3.5 and have not looked back.