Quick Guide to Access Your PC From Android Smartphone with Chrome Remote Desktop

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-chrome-remote-desktop.png

For users who might find it handy to access your Windows, MAC or "other" based desktop PC from your Android smartphone, there is an easy way to do that through Chrome remote desktop. Google just added the Chrome Remote Desktop to Android a few weeks ago. If you would like to try it out yourself, we found this handy breakdown on how to get it going. Thanks to the folks at PhoneArena for sharing this!

First, there will be a few things you will need to get started:

• A computer running Chrome. It can be a Mac, a Windows machine, or a Chromebook. (Linux support should be on its way)
  • An Android device running Android 4.0 or above
  • An active internet connection on both devices. Note that having both devices connected to the same local network won't bypass this requirement
  • To be logged in with the same Google account on both the Android device and the Chrome browser on the computer you're about to control remotely
  • A few minutes of spare time
Next, you will want to go through the graphical steps as detailed in the PhoneArena link below. Be sure to read the captions with each screen-cap to get the skinny on this process. Enjoy!

Source: PhoneArena

Here's a link to the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.chromeremotedesktop

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've tried it and it just doesn't work that well. Yes, it does connect but I felt the connection was very slow. I perfer to use Microsoft's built in remote client. The only thing you have to do is enable it in windows then set up a redirect port on your router if you use one. Port 3389 to be exact. It runs SO much faster. The only downside is you can't use it to show someone how to do something as it locks the computer you connect to and you will in turn get disconnected if they log back in. I used to show my Dad and wife how to do things all the time when I was at work and now I can't. But hey, on the bright side, I don't have to that stuff anymore at work =D.