Questions Needing Answers

KSR

Reaction score
Well hello Droid Forums, I'm here to ask a few questions that I hope can get answered. I'm still really new to this site so please do not become angry if this thread is posted into the wrong forum, simply tell me so I won't post questions here again. =P

Well I don't have my DROID yet but I'm getting the Motorola Droid tomorrow morning when the Verizon store opens up but I have a few questions I'd like to ask before I purchase it.

1) I currently have a Blackberry Storm but it's time for my upgrade and I'm switching to the Motorola DROID. My iPod broke awhile back and I've been using my Storm to listen to music but I'm concerned as if I will be able to do this on the DROID as well. Can you store songs on the DROID? I mean FULL songs, like you would put onto an iPod. Also, does the DROID use standard size headphones? I mean, can I go to K-Mart and buy headphones that'll fit into the DROID. Or is it like other phones, where it only has a specific smaller jack for only it's headset?

2) On the DROID, can you make sub-folders to sort your images? As like if you have two folders, "Friends" and "Anime" and then you go into the "Friend" folder you'll see images of your friends, that won't show up except for in that folder. =P

Please help me if you can with my questions and I'll appreciate it greatly. =)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
1. Yes you can store full songs and use standard headphones.

2. Yes, you can put your images in subfolders. In the Gallery you will see all folders and then can click on the one you want to open.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
Well hello Droid Forums, I'm here to ask a few questions that I hope can get answered. I'm still really new to this site so please do not become angry if this thread is posted into the wrong forum, simply tell me so I won't post questions here again. =P

Well I don't have my DROID yet but I'm getting the Motorola Droid tomorrow morning when the Verizon store opens up but I have a few questions I'd like to ask before I purchase it.

1) I currently have a Blackberry Storm but it's time for my upgrade and I'm switching to the Motorola DROID. My iPod broke awhile back and I've been using my Storm to listen to music but I'm concerned as if I will be able to do this on the DROID as well. Can you store songs on the DROID? I mean FULL songs, like you would put onto an iPod. Also, does the DROID use standard size headphones? I mean, can I go to K-Mart and buy headphones that'll fit into the DROID. Or is it like other phones, where it only has a specific smaller jack for only it's headset?

2) On the DROID, can you make sub-folders to sort your images? As like if you have two folders, "Friends" and "Anime" and then you go into the "Friend" folder you'll see images of your friends, that won't show up except for in that folder. =P

Please help me if you can with my questions and I'll appreciate it greatly. =)

1) Yes to all of that. The Droid stores FULL SONGS on the sd card and there are apps like iMusic that you can download full songs from for free. The Droid does use normal sized headphones (3.5mm I believe) I use my iPod headphones with my Droid. The Droid also has a great native music player on it.

2) Yes this is possible but you must download a file manager (astro is a great free file manager) and you can rename folders and sort pictures through that. Otherwise your pictures are just sorted by, downloaded pictures (ie. downloaded from the web, or saved from a text message), camera (taken from the camera), and stuff like that.

Hope it helps,
Brick

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
xXbrick84Xx

Actually, you were a huge help and I appreciate the help and the speedy reply. =)

So I'll have to download and App called "Astro" in order to organize my images into sub-folders? I'll write that down and get it on my DROID once I get it tomorrow. Thank you so much for the information. =D

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
Actually, you were a huge help and I appreciate the help and the speedy reply. =)

So I'll have to download and App called "Astro" in order to organize my images into sub-folders? I'll write that down and get it on my DROID once I get it tomorrow. Thank you so much for the information. =D

If for some reason you can't find it in the market the full name is "Astro File Manager". Your gonna love your Droid and probably won't be able to take your face out of it for at least a month :)

No Problem, Just PM me if you need anything else

Brick

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score

If for some reason you can't find it in the market the full name is "Astro File Manager". Your gonna love your Droid and probably won't be able to take your face out of it for at least a month :)

No Problem, Just PM me if you need anything else

Brick

Alright, thank you Brick. I'll definitely PM you if I need anything else. =)