Questions about the Motorola Devour?

Kack

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the Moto Devour. My wife has the HTC Eris :droideris: and she likes it but isnt stunned by it like i am with my droid. We have seen a fake Moto devour and she has held it and she likes it cuz it is smaller than my Droid. She likes the Droid for all its capabilities but she wants a lil smaller one. So will the Devour be capable of the things the droid is or not?

RemyL75

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the Moto Devour. My wife has the HTC Eris :droideris: and she likes it but isnt stunned by it like i am with my droid. We have seen a fake Moto devour and she has held it and she likes it cuz it is smaller than my Droid. She likes the Droid for all its capabilities but she wants a lil smaller one. So will the Devour be capable of the things the droid is or not?

Ok, my wife just got her Devour 2 days ago. Of course I got to set everything up and play with it for a few hours before her so I can make the comparison between it and my Droid.

1. Screen. Has a smaller screen than Droid. Had to get used to that.
2. Weight. It's def heavier than the Droid. Don't toss it at anyone unless your intent is to hurt them. Trust me, it'll work lol
3. Trackpad. It has a trackpad, Droid doesn't have this. Like a small laptop touchpad. Works well, once you get used to it.
Keyboard. Dedicated number row, keys are easier to get to than on the Droid.
5. Speed. Slightly slower response time than the Droid, but overall very responsive.
6. Storage. Comes with 8GB MircoSD card, and you do not have to remove the battery to remove the card. Battery is also in a hidden compartment next to MicroSD card.
7. Camera. Only 3.0MP to the Droid's 5.0 MP
8. Custom Software. The Devour has MotoBlur, which is mainly for connecting to various different social networks at the same time and having them all in one place. It also has networking and remote wipe functions that the Droid does not have. Software found in Market can give you similar or even better finctionality.

Overall, it's a solid phone, not a Droid, but it's not suppose to be.

Sidewind

Reaction score
Does it have gps and can it use google maps or does it just tell you in a list how to get somewhere