Devour gets adobe love?

Reaction score
Doing my morning lurking and found this on motorola's website from a post on engadget:

WEB BROWSER
Android HTML Webkit with Adobe Flash Lite®
Are they going to attenuate the rioting by shoving an OTA down our throats before the devour drops? I could care less about anything 2.1 has to offer, custom roms from here are better... I just think the droid should be first in line for flash.

Source: Motorola DEVOUR with MOTOBLUR - Motorola USA

gentlefury

Reaction score
Doing my morning lurking and found this on motorola's website from a post on engadget:

WEB BROWSER
Android HTML Webkit with Adobe Flash Lite®
Are they going to attenuate the rioting by shoving an OTA down our throats before the devour drops? I could care less about anything 2.1 has to offer, custom roms from here are better... I just think the droid should be first in line for flash.

Source: Motorola DEVOUR with MOTOBLUR - Motorola USA

Flash lite is nothing special. There are a few phones that already have it....it is nothing to be jealous of.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
90% of the Flash online today (Flash 10) are not compatible with Flash Lite (based on Flash 9)

OP

Reaction score
90% of the Flash online today (Flash 10) are not compatible with Flash Lite (based on Flash 9)
that's just plain silly... so only the flash based ads will work, right?

Silver Member
Reaction score
if. sirius/xm is the only flash site i really care about and it's never worked with lite. lite is the joke of teh flash world.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

exactly, i don't get it either. i mean, in 2008 when it was first introduced it was cool, but now it's outdated and serves no practical use

cabagekiller

Reaction score
Flash is more for those little games you play online. Many sites (hulu, youtube,...etc) are trying to convert to HTML 5 which boasts no buffering time, and you can access a video at any point in it without having to load the whole thing.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I'm sick of half the internet not working. HTML5 needs to put Adobe in their place

OP

Reaction score
Flash is more for those little games you play online. Many sites (hulu, youtube,...etc) are trying to convert to HTML 5 which boasts no buffering time, and you can access a video at any point in it without having to load the whole thing.
I don't understand how html 5 will remove the buffering time? I think video seeking is related to the underlying codec.