Droid Devour resetting on its own!

Roosty06

Reaction score
Hi, i have had the motorola droid devour for about 3 months now and it has been fine for the past 2 months. I havent dropped it or anything but all of a sudden it seems to either shut off on its own or it just reboots randomly. Is it defective? Do i need to get a new one or is there something wrong with my settings that it keeps on doing this?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try doing a factory data reset.

dbillett1

Reaction score
This seems to be a fairly common problem. Everyone I know that has the Devour has this problem where it just turns itself off sometimes. I know people who have had their phone quit working and have had it replaced only for the new one to develop the same problem.

SBdroid

Reaction score
Devour shutdown / restart on its own

Problem is shrink wrap on battery.
When phone is knocked or even keyboard opened aggressively phone powers off or re boots.
To rectify
1/ power down phone
2/ remove side cover by sliding towards blue stripe.
Try refitting the cover so that you know how to do it, SD card under this same cover.
3/ press red battery retainer towards blue stripe and pull on battery tab to remove battery.
NOTE which way the battery is inserted.
4/ with a sharp knife or similar on the side of the battery next to the contacts scrape the corners of the shrink wrap to cut it and peal off the strip created.
Strip removed should be black about 3 mm by 25 mm with Japanese or Chinese characters on it.
5/ re insert battery engaging the lock and refit the cover carefully.
6/ power up phone and to test just gently bang the phone, on its side, into your hand.

Problem solved. Battery was bouncing due to poor shrinking of wrapper and created a cushion which caused contacts to not register properly.

Hope this is of assistance, Devour is a decent phone with issues but this removes one annoying thing from the list.:blackdroid::blackdroid: