Questions About Droid Pro

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I just purchased a friend's Droid Pro as he had upgraded to a 4G phone and I wasn't doing too well with my Droid X's touchscreen typing.

Through the Verizon site I ported my phone number to my new Pro and activated it. Then using My Backup Pro I was able to recover all my apps to the Pro. So far, so good.

Three issues have arisen and I'd appreciate any advice ...

1. When I attempt to access Battery Manager in the settings I get the message that "Battery Manager has stopped unexpectedly; please try again" and only allows me to force close it;

2. I get no bars at all next to the 3G icon at the top. The phone works fine and my signal appears to be strong; however, there are no bars at all;

3. Finally, several people have told me that when I talk to them it sounds like there is wind in the background even though I'm inside. They have also mentioned my speaking volume is very low.

Any comments or suggestions for any or all of these issues? I appreciate any help you may have. Thanks.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did he do a factory reset before giving it to you?

You could try that then reload your apps.

The sound thing is a phone issue. Wife has returned 2 CLNR Pro's for that reason.

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Someone suggested a factory rest as well. I think I'll go that route as My Backup Pro seemed to work pretty well getting me all my stuff back. Thanks so much for your advice.

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Did the factory restore .... still no bars showing and same problem with the Battery Manager which doesn't work. Any suggestions?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you familiar with SBF and RSDLite?

That is the only thing left you can do. Otherwise you may have to bring it in to Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Thanks again for the response. No; I'm not familiar with those two (applications). Can you explain what they are? One more question ... when the phone is being charged or it appears, just sitting there some sort of notification kicks in with a really annoying tune. It stops when I pull down the notification bar. Can you speculate where in the settings I can turn this OFF??

Thanks so much for you help ....

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not extraordinarily familiar with the Pro. I'll see if someone else can help you.

RSDLite and SBF files are essentially what Motorola uses to put the OS on their phones. You can flash the OS, unaltered, onto the phone using this tool.

Some instruction here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

and the Droid Pro files: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

And please, ask questions FIRST, as this tool can damage your phone if used improperly.