Droid Pro Recovery/Custom ROMS

StingRay

Reaction score
Even with the known corporate exchange sync delay, I've just about decided to keep my Droid Pro rather than sending back prior to my 30 return timeframe.... since having a positive experience with rooting my OG Droid, I really think that rooting the Pro will possibly help eliminate the delay issue and help on some of the battery usage issues....

Even though z4root will allow us to root the Pro, aren't we kind of working without a safety net if we root and make any changes without having the benefit of an actual recovery (i.e. Clockwork) installed? I am worried that since this is a "business" phone and isn't the most sought after phone because of the smaller screen and lower resolution there will not be a big push to create a recovery and custom ROMs like we saw on the Droid. Koush and others have made it clear that they cannot work on creating recovery for any phone if they don't have a device to work with....and they're certainly not going to run out an purchase a Pro anytime soon...IMHO....

Any thoughts and/or info on any discussion you may have seen related to recovery and custom ROMS?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can at least install TiBu and freeze apps.

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
Yes and I'll probably start there in order to start the process of helping battery and possibly the email delay by removing/freezing some of the Blur apps...

I'm already seeing some instances where people have removed something they shouldn't have and now are missing something they need or at least in one case have bricked their Pro...I hope people understand they could be in trouble if something happens without a recovery to fall back on...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

schilsh

Reaction score
Is there a way to flash an older version of clockworkmod recovery on my pro? I can get to recovery screen but hard resetting isnt solving the problem. When attempting to use a restore, im getting the md5 mismatch. From what i gather this is due to an update on the rom manager app and the recovery file doesnt work with it.

Please help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
I doubt that a Recovery not designed specifically for the Pro would work, but I'm not an expert....

is your Pro not working currently?

mustahaque

Reaction score
Dear sting ray,
Is thEre a way to go back to the stock rom, as I have deleted some of the system apps, and now the new update is failing.
Seems like you are still running stock rom can you make a back up and share it with us. Thanks in advance

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Curious if you can use TiBu to create an update.zip after you've wiped all of your personal info and then flash with stock recovery? Although it won't have the proper signature maybe?

Just a thought.

mustahaque

Reaction score
Do you know if it is possible to download the recovery rom directly from motorola or Verizon?

pilotrose

Reaction score
So there is nothing we or any devs can do? We just have to wait until a SBF is leaked?

mustahaque

Reaction score
i have been PM'd by an individual, saying he has access to the SBF, but he wants $50 it
do you guys think its a scam?

this is the PM i got
"If you are still looking for the original full flash file for the Droid Pro, I know someone who has it available, however, they are not giving it away, but selling it. It is very reasonably price though compared to what most charge for such things. If this is of interest to you, you can contact me at d******[email protected]. You can either send me a contact phone number or I will send you mine once I receive an email from you. Thanks, D**"

i emailed the fellow and got this reply:

"I am only asking $50.00 for both the sbf monster pack and the source code too. I already have both uploaded so i can easily send the links right to you upon getting a paypal receipt. This email is tied to my paypal account for your reference. Thanks, D***"

pilotrose

Reaction score
If someone pays and gets the file, and then shares it with the rest of us with a paypal email where we can donate as a thanks, I will surely donate if the stuff can unbrick my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

pilotrose

Reaction score
i have been PM'd by an individual, saying he has access to the SBF, but he wants $50 it
do you guys think its a scam?

this is the PM i got
"If you are still looking for the original full flash file for the Droid Pro, I know someone who has it available, however, they are not giving it away, but selling it. It is very reasonably price though compared to what most charge for such things. If this is of interest to you, you can contact me at d******[email protected]. You can either send me a contact phone number or I will send you mine once I receive an email from you. Thanks, D**"

i emailed the fellow and got this reply:

"I am only asking $50.00 for both the sbf monster pack and the source code too. I already have both uploaded so i can easily send the links right to you upon getting a paypal receipt. This email is tied to my paypal account for your reference. Thanks, D***"

It's tough to say though, whether or not it's a scam.

How did you manage to find the stuff on that other forum?