Droid Pro Recovery/Custom ROMS

mustahaque

Reaction score
I just did a search with his email address on google, seems like he is a moderator for some CDMA forums and has worked with other motorola firmwares and such. He claims to the SBF is directly form the Motorola server and he will also provide the source code.

I am thinking about taking the risk... i can't stand not having a working phone...

My question is if it is a legit SBF how do I get it in to my phone as my phone doesn't even boot it just keeps rebooting with annoying DROID... Droid continuously. I have tried connecting it to my PC but it doesn't get recognized, by RSD Lite 4.9

let me know if taking the risk is worth it or not...

and I got this reply when i asked the individual if it was a scam:

"Well I would suggest you do a Google search on drkcobra and see how many forums I am the Motorola CDMA moderator on and for how many years, and see their as well as my reputation. Further I know you will not find anyone who say I ever screwed them, because I never have. The file comes straight off of Motorola's server, so it is up to you if want to believe it or not, but as soon as you open it with RSD Lite 4.9 it will be quite apparent.
Bottom line is I am giving it away for what I am selling it for especially compared to most out there, but I am just not trying to gouge anyone or try and retire. Hell I am even throwing in the source code. If you choose to buy it let me know, if not, then fine."

i have been PM'd by an individual, saying he has access to the SBF, but he wants $50 it
do you guys think its a scam?

this is the PM i got
"If you are still looking for the original full flash file for the Droid Pro, I know someone who has it available, however, they are not giving it away, but selling it. It is very reasonably price though compared to what most charge for such things. If this is of interest to you, you can contact me at d******[email protected]. You can either send me a contact phone number or I will send you mine once I receive an email from you. Thanks, D**"

i emailed the fellow and got this reply:

"I am only asking $50.00 for both the sbf monster pack and the source code too. I already have both uploaded so i can easily send the links right to you upon getting a paypal receipt. This email is tied to my paypal account for your reference. Thanks, D***"

It's tough to say though, whether or not it's a scam.

How did you manage to find the stuff on that other forum?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's fine and all but did he pay to pull the file off Motorola's server?

If he did that's fine but its not like he created the sbf.

If he didn't, did he steal it?

Every other sbf for all other droids have been made available for no money.

Im just concerned over the legality here.

Not affecting me of course but if he's charging for something that technically can be provided for free, just seems a bit sheisty.

Its one thing to have vzw sbf a phone, they have an agreement with moto and visa versa. But if he has someone with access to the moto servers and is in turn selling these things that aren't his...hmm.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's really sketch. Especially him asking like he's doing you a favor by charging fifty bucks for it. I've never heard of anyone paying for an sbf.

tappin and a talkin