questions about built-in backup capabilities ....

zero7404

Reaction score
i never kept track of exactly what android is backing up onto google servers when i set the option in backup and reset ... so i was wondering if anyone has a complete list or where i can go to find out ?

i want to know the level of detail of the backup as it gets stored on my gmail account, does it backup call logs, messages, etc ? i know it saves wifi access points, the apps i have installed along with data, contacts, but i want to get all the details.

is there a place online on my google account where i can have a look at all the backed up settings ?

this is just for my information, because i've been thru a few resets and phones so before my next planned jump (to another phone) i want to take care and backup manually what is not backed up via the android service.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Go to accounts.google.com & look under your profile picture for "Go to dashboard to see all data stored in your account". There will be options for settings there

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
went on and didnt see a detailed breakdown of what is saved in specific. i have 2 gmail accounts and both have dl options for profile data, contacts, and a few other services ...

for example, android backs up my wifi access points, is that in my profile ?

what about sms and call logs ... are those saved to google servers or should i back them up separately ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
your SMS and call logs are not backed up. I use lifesaver when switching over phones to put my SMS and phone logs on the new phone.