question...

Justaguywithabike

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is where I am suppose to be or not... I need info on anything I may be able to use to put real time tracking of my phone (me) on my web page. I am doing a cycling trip about 780miles, I want people to be able to follow along to see where I am at. Is there anything, an app or anthing i can buy or download to my phone that will give me that option.

Curently I use the cardio trainer app to log my work outs because I like that it automatically updates my facebook, but nothing I can find will do real time tracking that I can attach to a web page.

thanks for your time.

Douglas
www.justaguywithabike.org

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm not sure about an app for that, but I just wanted to say 'welcome' and that I think that would be a very cool idea! Someone will probably be along to answer your question soon!

ValkF6

Reaction score
Google's Latitude will do that, but I'm not sure about putting it on a webpage. It will let you allow people to track your progress on their phones, though.

On edit, yes, Latitude will let you put a badge on your web page that will show where you are.

Last edited:

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is where I am suppose to be or not... I need info on anything I may be able to use to put real time tracking of my phone (me) on my web page. I am doing a cycling trip about 780miles, I want people to be able to follow along to see where I am at. Is there anything, an app or anthing i can buy or download to my phone that will give me that option.

You can use Latitude and invite friends, who can see your location. My Tracks (by google) will track all the pertinent details (speed, elevation, etc), for uploading, but I don't know that it works in real time.

Probably your best bet is to search the market for 'gps tracking' and see which ones strike your fancy.

OP
J

Justaguywithabike

Reaction score
awesome...

the latitude thing works great... they will have to refreash it but i am not so worried about that at least they will be able to see where I am. No I am not able to try this out at the moment but do you guys think I will be able to use the latitude and the cardio trainer at the same time?

thank for all your help, this is something I can cross off my list and it was something I needed pretty bad for my trip.

louy99

Reaction score
You should be able to use both. Make sure you turn on your satellite for a more accurate read as to where you are on your ride. Let us know when you are going so we can stalk you too;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App