Question with ROM Manager

currensy

Reaction score
Installed Blueberry Lithmod with 2.2 Froyo. I didnt change it to update.zip because i just used the ROM Manager right???? but when i installed the ROM...it rebooted and the screen just had an explanation mark and nothing else....What else do i have to do???

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you wipe data and cache before install, and do you have a backup.
Can you get into CW recovery??

EbE404

Reaction score
Installed Blueberry Lithmod with 2.2 Froyo. I didnt change it to update.zip because i just used the ROM Manager right???? but when i installed the ROM...it rebooted and the screen just had an explanation mark and nothing else....What else do i have to do???

This sounds to me like CW Recovery didn't get flashed properly and something freaked out.

Can you walk us through exactly what you did and in what order (install RM, flash CMR, etc.). When you flashed the ROM did you notice what the phone was actually doing?

Lastly, how exactly did you root? I've seen a lot of folks here complaining of very odd recovery behavior after using Easy Root.

OP
C

currensy

Reaction score
Yes i used Cw Recovery. I Wipe Everything and backed it up.. i press the lithmodblueberry in install ROM and it booted up to the beginning where you see an explanation mark and and droid phone on the black screen with "no" options to chose. and yes i used easy root because i see superuser permissions.

EbE404

Reaction score
Yes i used Cw Recovery. I Wipe Everything and backed it up.. i press the lithmodblueberry in install ROM and it booted up to the beginning where you see an explanation mark and and droid phone on the black screen with "no" options to chose. and yes i used easy root because i see superuser permissions.

It sounds like you are not booting into CW Recovery. This could be due to a bad CW flash from ROM Manager (not uncommon) or the flaky recovery issues that others have reported after using Easy Root.

This would mean that you can not currently flash the ROM and you did not actually create a nandroid backup.

What happens when you reboot the phone normally (not going into recovery)? Is it functional?

If so, I would suggest getting back into RM and re-flashing CW Recovery, then testing trying to reboot into that before trying to flash any ROMs or run backups.

OP
C

currensy

Reaction score
Thx...I have it working now...i actually brick my phone at first and verizon said that they cannot save it so i flash my own and unbricked myself...forget froyo 2.2...ever since i got that, all i had was problems