Question regarding voicemail

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Ok, I use Google Voice and I recently decided to use Google Voice as my exclusive vm repository (or is it depository?). Anywho, I switched it over using the instructions in Google Voice online. Works like a charm. Problem is, I had 2 vms in my Verizon vm I hadn't listened to yet as well as some other ones I had saved. Not a huge issue as I know who the 2 were from and returned the calls. The saved ones will drop out eventually (90 days I think?).

The problem is, I have the little tape icon indicating I have a vm all of the time in the menu bar (or whatever we call it) across the top. So I try to get into my Verizon vm but now--as it's supposed to--it dumps me right into GV vm. I have no way of getting in and deleting these vms.

Ok, it's more annoying than anything but I'd like to figure out how to get in and clear these out.

Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I use Google Voice and I recently decided to use Google Voice as my exclusive vm repository (or is it depository?). Anywho, I switched it over using the instructions in Google Voice online. Works like a charm. Problem is, I had 2 vms in my Verizon vm I hadn't listened to yet as well as some other ones I had saved. Not a huge issue as I know who the 2 were from and returned the calls. The saved ones will drop out eventually (90 days I think?).

The problem is, I have the little tape icon indicating I have a vm all of the time in the menu bar (or whatever we call it) across the top. So I try to get into my Verizon vm but now--as it's supposed to--it dumps me right into GV vm. I have no way of getting in and deleting these vms.

Ok, it's more annoying than anything but I'd like to figure out how to get in and clear these out.

Any ideas?

Go into Google Voice, chains your settings, go into your VZW voicemail, answer/delete those two voice mails, change your settings back to Google Voice email.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Thanks. Kinda thought that's what I'd have to do. Just wondered if there was a way to get back into the Verizon vm without disabling the GV vm.