Question for those of you who jumped to GB from Froyo

ktech11

Reaction score
Same process going from froyo to gingerbread right? Thinking of das bamf 2.01 beta 6

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

texazranger09

Reaction score
Just to make sure I got this straight: download radio and rename, flash Rom, pull battery and replace, hold volume and power to load hboot, install radio, and good to go? Sorry for asking again, but I a quite new to HTC and hboot. Had D1 for along time

You got it wright. You dont want to go into froyo with no service dont do it that way.

I see everyone saying this but I had no problem doing it that way. So what if you have no service for a minute, its going to change in a few minutes anyway right?

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

wooddale

Reaction score
Just to make sure I got this straight: download radio and rename, flash Rom, pull battery and replace, hold volume and power to load hboot, install radio, and good to go? Sorry for asking again, but I a quite new to HTC and hboot. Had D1 for along time

You got it wright. You dont want to go into froyo with no service dont do it that way.

I see everyone saying this but I had no problem doing it that way. So what if you have no service for a minute, its going to change in a few minutes anyway right?

Im not sure what you mean if youy have no service you have noi service. If you are on the GB leak and you have service then you are good to go. The reason they say that is most times if you do the MR2 first it has no rom to relate to so it has no service. Long as your good thats all that counts.

texazranger09

Reaction score

Im not sure what you mean if youy have no service you have noi service. If you are on the GB leak and you have service then you are good to go. The reason they say that is most times if you do the MR2 first it has no rom to relate to so it has no service. Long as your good thats all that counts.

Yea that's what I mean. I just wasn't thrilled about pulling my battery after flashing something I wanted to make sure all was good. Guess I'm a little extra cautious :)

KennyBerndt

Reaction score
I was on froyo DAS BAMF remix 1.6.3. I really really liked it. I was getting pretty fair battery life. I could go a whole day with moderate use on my battery, very few problems, or random reboots.
I was really interested in going to GB becuase of the newer radio. I started out with the MR2 and BAMF Ginger remix #6. I noticed that the call quality which was usually poor in my living room was pretty clear on the 2 calls I made. I kept getting a few errors though that would pop up every 5 minutes or so. The next day the newer MR2 radio came out so I flashed that. Still getting the errors. So then I flashed to GingerREMIX v2.1. No issues after that. I also downloaded the SBP Shell 3D Launcher. It is sweeet!!! Everything is very smooth, fast, no reboots, no errors. I am thoroughly enjoying it. The only complaint I have is battery life. But I have yet to do any of the battery stat reset steps to try and improve it, and I am still using the stock battery, as well as I'm running 1.4 overclock and 4g constantly. I'm also avoiding using my wi-fi just because I like to see how fast my 4g connections is. I'm constantly streaming music from Pandora or the local radio station. I will work on extending battery life next. I also just discovered the Netflix App. Man is that cool! Really enjoying this thing!

OP
craigboy

craigboy

Reaction score
I was on froyo DAS BAMF remix 1.6.3. I really really liked it. I was getting pretty fair battery life. I could go a whole day with moderate use on my battery, very few problems, or random reboots.
I was really interested in going to GB becuase of the newer radio. I started out with the MR2 and BAMF Ginger remix #6. I noticed that the call quality which was usually poor in my living room was pretty clear on the 2 calls I made. I kept getting a few errors though that would pop up every 5 minutes or so. The next day the newer MR2 radio came out so I flashed that. Still getting the errors. So then I flashed to GingerREMIX v2.1. No issues after that. I also downloaded the SBP Shell 3D Launcher. It is sweeet!!! Everything is very smooth, fast, no reboots, no errors. I am thoroughly enjoying it. The only complaint I have is battery life. But I have yet to do any of the battery stat reset steps to try and improve it, and I am still using the stock battery, as well as I'm running 1.4 overclock and 4g constantly. I'm also avoiding using my wi-fi just because I like to see how fast my 4g connections is. I'm constantly streaming music from Pandora or the local radio station. I will work on extending battery life next. I also just discovered the Netflix App. Man is that cool! Really enjoying this thing!

Thanks for the tip on the SBP Shell 3D Launcher, it's kind of expensive, but holy crap is it sweet. Plus you can still keep the Sense 3.0 lock screen!