Question for Admins/Mods re: linking to DF.net

Freelancer

Reaction score
I suppose this could fall under the category of "site assistance" but it seemed to be the most appropriate place to put this, so here goes:

I'm getting ready to launch a weekly video podcast about rooting android phones, like rooting news, ROM releases, theme releases, etc, as well as some video guides and more technical explanations of things, and since this site is where I get a lot of my info from I'd like to refer watchers of the podcast to the DroidForums.net website, such as where to get the ROMs/themes discussed and whatnot.

Is this okay to do? I'll make it clear I'm not officially associated with DF, but may recommend it as far as guides, downloads and a friendly community goes. I don't really see a problem with this as it would be (hopefully) a way to grow the DF.net community and recruit new members, but I really just sort of was hoping to get the blessing of the Admins/Mods.

Thanks!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I suppose this could fall under the category of "site assistance" but it seemed to be the most appropriate place to put this, so here goes:

I'm getting ready to launch a weekly video podcast about rooting android phones, like rooting news, ROM releases, theme releases, etc, as well as some video guides and more technical explanations of things, and since this site is where I get a lot of my info from I'd like to refer watchers of the podcast to the DroidForums.net website, such as where to get the ROMs/themes discussed and whatnot.

Is this okay to do? I'll make it clear I'm not officially associated with DF, but may recommend it as far as guides, downloads and a friendly community goes. I don't really see a problem with this as it would be (hopefully) a way to grow the DF.net community and recruit new members, but I really just sort of was hoping to get the blessing of the Admins/Mods.

Thanks!

I think this is okay, as long as it is just a podcast or blog!

OP
Freelancer

Freelancer

Reaction score
Yup, just a podcast and a blog. Basically just gathering all the latest news and info together and show screenshots of the ROMs and themes and stuff, and a mention of DroidForums as my place of choice to learn more, get help, and connect with the rooting/droid community.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I support any effort that enhances the Android community especially DroidForum. Spam, of course, will not be permissible.

I look forward to reading and viewing your work.

Mike