Question about verizon plan

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Hi all. Just ordered a new droid! :icon_ banana: and I have a question about my account on verizon. I upgraded my line so I could order the droid and now when I check My Service and My Plan it shows "DATA - 1X - HANDSET" under additional features. Does that mean i will connect with 1X instead of 3G?

Probably a stupid question, but I tend to worry over details. :)

TIA

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hi all. Just ordered a new droid! :icon_ banana: and I have a question about my account on verizon. I upgraded my line so I could order the droid and now when I check My Service and My Plan it shows "DATA - 1X - HANDSET" under additional features. Does that mean i will connect with 1X instead of 3G?

TIA

Most likely that is in reference to your current phone. When you upgrade to the DROID, it will then go into a PDA DATA plan. And you will connect at the proper speeds.

HANDSET (PHONE) and PDA (DROID)are two different devices.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, it will connect to 3G it picks up 3G in the area your in, If not it will connect 1X.

Might also mean you have Data on One handset....

Or as Jim stated above...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

TIA

I don't know what the 1X means there but don't worry, you should be on full 3G provided you don't live in an area where the signal is not great all the time like I do.

Sometimes, and I know this is weird, my phone will drop to 1X while I'm sitting in my easy chair watching television. I call it the dead zone. Around the rest of the house I'm always at 3G unless I'm using WiFi.

aacanela73

Reaction score

TIA
Thats Verizon speak I'm guessing you are on an Alltel plan yet. Don't worry about it the Droids connect to the best digital signal they can find. If your droid says 1x its because that is the only signal it finds. I have some of it in my area yet and the phone bounces from 1x to 3g all the time.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! Now hurry up tomorrow and FedEx man!