Question About Using my Droid to Install a PC operating System on a New Hard Drive?

enalborno

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had my computer's hard drive take a dump and I'm in the process of replacing it. I just put the new hard drive in and was getting ready to install Windows 7 from my droid but then I realized that I've never done this on a fresh hard drive without using a formatted bootdisk or formatted flashdrive

I already have the Windows 7 Disk completely saved on my Droid and I was curious if there was a way to make my PC see my Droid as a boot disk and install Windows 7 straight from it! I scoured the forums for a while and this hasn't been discussed before. I thought it would be really cool addition feature if it could! My phone is already rooted and is currently running Bugless Beast (GREAT O/S)!

Any input or suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

miosis

Reaction score
this would be cool if we could boot say Chrome OS off of the SD card.

OP
enalborno

enalborno

Reaction score
Take you droid to a friends house and make a cd. Computer will not read phone without drivers.

I already did that in the interim but asking about the future! I'm sure that the phone can be read the same way a bootable thumb drive can be I'm just curious as to how?