Question about the stock calendar widget...

OSP

Reaction score
Hey all, first off, I wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post on this forum... I hope I've posted this question in the correct section. If not, I apologize...

I've had the Motorola DROID for about 2 months now after having a Palm Treo that I (as ashamed as I am to admit this lol) really did like for about 2 and a half years... It was DEFINITELY a change to go from the Treo and its Palm OS w/ the first Treo I owned and then the (VERY buggy, unreliable, laggy, etc.) Windows Mobile OS on the later models to the Android OS on the DROID. But, I'll tell you what, I have not looked back EVEN ONCE!!! This phone is EXCELLENT!!! I've played w/ several of my friends' iPhones and Palm Pres, but NEITHER compares to the experience I've had w/ the DROID. Heck, I was INITIALLY going to hold off on upgrading my Treo to the Pre once Verizon picked it up at the first of the year as was rumored, but once I messed around w/ a friend's DROID, I fell in love!!!

That being said, onto the meat and potatoes of my post hehehe.

I've done some searching online via Google searches and throughout this forum as well, but haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for... I'm hoping that making a post specifically addressing my issue might finally yield me an answer...

It took me a while to get my old calendar from my Treo and Microsoft Outlook to transfer to my Google Calendar. I finally got it all transfered correctly, have my appointments and all set up perfectly, and I love it - ESPECIALLY the fact that if I make a change to the calendar on my phone, it automatically updates my calendar online and, of course, vice versa... I LOVE IT!!! Something so simple yet innovative helps save me time, trouble, and the redundancy of having to update several calendars or manually syncing my phone to my computer via the cable.

The ONLY complaint/question I have is this:

I have the calendar widget (the one that came stock with the DROID right out of the box) put on my home screen like a lot of people do. Say the date is January 4th (like it is today), and I have an all day event scheduled (in the settings for said event, I have the "All day" box checked). However, my problem is the calendar isn't showing that particular event on the widget... instead, it's showing the events I have scheduled for TOMORROW, January 5th... To actually see the all day event scheduled for today, I have to manually open up the calendar and go to today's date... it's kind of a pain to have to do that when it seems like it SHOULD show up on the widget on the home screen instead... Considering how forgetful I can be sometimes, it is a NECESSITY that the event be shown instead of me opening up the calendar to see if I do, in fact, have something scheduled.

I noticed if I have an event scheduled for a particular time (i.e. from 1 PM - 3 PM) on January 4th, THAT will show up on the widget without having to open the calendar, but it fails to do so for the "all day event" I have scheduled for the 4th.

Is there a setting or something that I'm missing here? Or is this just something that makes the calendar application not run as I had maybe hoped it would?

I'd REALLY like, or better yet NEED, that "all day event" to show up on my calendar for the 4th to show up on the widget instead of me having to open up the calendar to see the event listed...

Is there a way to do this? If so, how? And if not, is there a better calendar application out there available in the Android Market that will do that? Preferably free too lol...

Wow... when proofreading this post, I think I've confused myself and I know EXACTLY what it is I'm trying to explain and convey to y'all!!!

Haha, sorry everybody... I hope that's at least SOMEWHAT coherent and clear... If it isn't, I can try and reword it a little better......

Also, I apologize for the length of my post... I was trying to be as specific and as precise as I possibly could in hopes of being able to explain my predicament the best I could leave as few question marks as possible. Hopefully I've done just that...

Thank you all in advance for the responses!!!

~Jon

KevinRozek

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have just switched from a palm centro to a droid x and am noticing the same problem. I have also transferred my calendar to google and then to my phone. I have set my home screen to be the calendar agenda, and I am having a problem with all day events being displayed on the agenda screeday of the event.

I've spent a little while researching, and this is the first forum matching my problem.

I actually neglected to remember my mom's birthday, and I truly believe had I still had my centro it wouldn't have been issue.

Has anyone found a way to work around this?

Last edited:

Power

Reaction score
I'm having kind of the same problem except my calendar widget is showing me yesterday. Deleting the widged then recreating it seems to work for the day but then tomorrow it'll be wrong again.

Still searching for a cure....

---edit----
Only started happening after updating to the Froyo. Stock DX, not rooted.

KevinRozek

Reaction score
solution

I ended up using a download called" calwidget"
Its free and upgradable for money. It doesn't look as pretty but it does everthing I want it to do.

Joker

Reaction score
You can also try another app called "android agenda widget" and if you run a home replacement app like launcherpro or adw, the widget is scrollable and you could see your agenda for whatever set amount of days you want. Android agenda widget is highly customizable as well, which can be a little overwhelming so some folk.