Question About the Droid 3 and OTA Updates

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Does anyone know, or think, the Droid 3 will be getting any kind of OTA update anytime soon before ICS? I'm curious if the D3 will get 2.3.5 - 2.3.7 at any point without flashing a custom ROM.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

zube65

Reaction score
I heard that the droid 3 has a slight chance of getting ICS we will find out in mid to early 2012

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If the D3 gets a GB update it'll most likely just be bug fixes.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I kinda figured that it would be bug fixes. I'm hoping/can't wait to get ICS with an early on root method. Do you think the bootloader will be unlocked before the end of the year? I read Moto was supposed to unlock most if not all bootloadrers by the end of this year or early next year.

Last edited:

technogeek00

Reaction score
Really I would prefer they work on porting ICS rather than moving us from 2.3.4 to 2.3.7.

Or if they must do the whole 2.3.5 then 2.3.7 and then 4.0.1, at least unlock the bootloader so we can make the ICS port ourselves. (Not to knock the fine work of hashcode but we do need the ability to flash kernels to get ICS running better.)

robert70

Reaction score
I'm on a lowly dx2 and I'm hope the ics update will be coming Sooner rather than later,

Sent from some where inside your house using DroidForums

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Talk about a major bump but, when the crap is our bootloader going to be unlocked?! Wasn't it promised more than once?

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Does the D3 even require a bug fix update? I can't think of anything wrong with mine. I don't use the stock launcher, so maybe that helps.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
The d3 got an update a few months ago. The battery was horrible and the keyboard had issues before. I don't see it getting ICS any time soon.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums