Question about the camera problem

pilot25

Reaction score
I am still wondering if there is in fact some hardware issues. I have yet to know for sure if there is supposed to be minor clicking while it focuses? Some say no, but I thought the same thing until I went in a VERY quiet environment and then took some picts. Definite clicking when it attempts to focus.

I think that is normal. Everyone has the clicking which is the lens moving. I have played with over 12 phones, owned 3 different ones, and they all have that clicking.

mjs31

Reaction score
I am still wondering if there is in fact some hardware issues. I have yet to know for sure if there is supposed to be minor clicking while it focuses? Some say no, but I thought the same thing until I went in a VERY quiet environment and then took some picts. Definite clicking when it attempts to focus.

I think that is normal. Everyone has the clicking which is the lens moving. I have played with over 12 phones, owned 3 different ones, and they all have that clicking.

Good. Thanks. Not sweating the focus issues, although they need to fix it. Just wanted to make sure mine was not defective hardware wise.

bucsfann20

Reaction score
i have no idea

what happened between the last time i played with the camera and today, but it works perfectly now. it used to have the red corners every single time, and would never pick up barcode from any type of scanner. and now, it locks in a second and pictures just focus so easily.

with that being said, does anyone have any idea why this would happen!?

its outrageous! ;)

Droider

Reaction score
what happened between the last time i played with the camera and today, but it works perfectly now. it used to have the red corners every single time, and would never pick up barcode from any type of scanner. and now, it locks in a second and pictures just focus so easily.

with that being said, does anyone have any idea why this would happen!?

its outrageous! ;)

After reading this thread I tried mine out again and had the same experience. For the first week, any time I tried to take a picture with the autofocus turned on, I would get the red corners for 19 out of 20 attempts. Now I can't get a red corners for the life of me. Every time is now green corners. It still takes crap quality, grainy (noise ridden) pics at indoor, night-time lighting levels but the autofocus is working.

mjs31

Reaction score
The focus fix posted in stickies works. That being said, I still believe if is to prone to camera shake or something. With flash, green focus lights and very steady it is still slow shutter or something. Hopefully they will address. And yes, I own the Canon 7D and use it as my man camera, I just expected more having used other phone cameras.

Reaction score
TO me it seems that the camera does not take the picture as soon as you hit the shuter button. I hear the sound of the shutter and move the camera away assuming the picture is done but many times it has not really captured the image until a second after the shutter sound.

fbell

Reaction score
Clean the lens!!! It works...I get green corners & great pictures all the time.

rynoman03

Reaction score
WOW... I know that's a simple solution but i never thought of it until now. I'm testing your theory as we speak. :D

Clearer but still kinda grainy at stock settings on the camera\phone. I guess my SLR at home just spoils me.

Last edited:

SGTiger

Reaction score
WOW... I know that's a simple solution but i never thought of it until now. I'm testing your theory as we speak. :D

Clearer but still kinda grainy at stock settings on the camera\phone. I guess my SLR at home just spoils me.

Since upgrading to Froyo, the camera is much better IMO.