question about signal and mms

Reaction score
ok well i had a eris and where i live i have some weak service( 2-3 bars) loading webpages, and some network related apps would take a while. but was able to recieve mms pics and such.

i got a Moto Droid now and it makes no sense to me that i have 3-4 bars and the 3g is always flashing, but it will not load mms messages or load webpages, market, or anythign like that.

anyone have any thoughts on what to do. i have updated the roaming thing on a weekly basis but no change. i also was using handcent instead of the normal stock app and it made no difference either. so i am really at a loss. i thought the droid would be better with this compared to the eris

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's not loading anything you definitely have problems. Have you called Verizon?

Benton

Reaction score
Does the problem always exist no matter where you are or just one place (like at your home)? I have a Moto Droid and a friend of mine has an Eris. He lives in a really poor reception area where his Eris will not always connect but when I visit him my Moto does...certainly not a scientific study but does indicate, at least for me that the Moto Droid may be a little more robust on function in weak signal than the Eris. If this problem only occurs exists for you in one location but in other areas does not then you may want to contact Verizon to see if there is a tower issue that needs resolution or something else. Keep us posted.