Question about selling

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Well ive got the thunderbolt, and i love it. Though i love a physical keyboard too. I was thinking about selling my TB and going to buy the Droid3 when it comes out. So long as its up to par with the TB. What would be the best way to go about it? I was thinking of selling my phone on ebay and then going to buy the D3. How much is a 199 dollar phone at full price usually? 600?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Try the D3 out first before selling to see if you even want it and it satisfies you. If you do decide to get it and sell the Thunderbolt, sell on eBay for anywhere between $400 - $500. Depending on the condition, $450 is a solid price.

Sent from my ADR6400L

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you any idea about the D3? From my understanding it will have blur and a locked down bootloader. I don't believe it will be 4G.

If you're hearing differently you may not be getting good information.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Rumors about d3 are all over the place, from vanilla android like d1 to blur and locked. I think at this point all we know for certain is what we can figure from the photos.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Try the D3 out first before selling to see if you even want it and it satisfies you. If you do decide to get it and sell the Thunderbolt, sell on eBay for anywhere between $400 - $500. Depending on the condition, $450 is a solid price.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Yeah i will check it out first lol. I wont blindy sell my lovely thunderbolt.

Have you any idea about the D3? From my understanding it will have blur and a locked down bootloader. I don't believe it will be 4G.

If you're hearing differently you may not be getting good information.

Ive heard a few things. Ill wait closer to launch and see what i think about it. I just really miss my keyboard.

Also, did anyone know the full price for most 199 dollar phones? I think ive always heard close to 600.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
I think it depends on the area your in too...here in the mountains of north carolina TB's are selling for about 300 on you know whos list.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I think it depends on the area your in too...here in the mountains of north carolina TB's are selling for about 300 on you know whos list.

Yeah, hopefully i can make a good amount if i do go for the d3 so i dont have much to pay. I appreciate the input everyone. Now i will just wait and see what i think about the d3 once it launches.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how you're going to get a better phone than the TB with the locked down D3 and like Hook said no 4G. Are you one of those who can't sit on the same phone for more than a few months and get envy when the next greatest phone comes out? I think better phones will be out in the next few months than the D3 IMHO.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I don't see how you're going to get a better phone than the TB with the locked down D3 and like Hook said no 4G. Are you one of those who can't sit on the same phone for more than a few months and get envy when the next greatest phone comes out? I think better phones will be out in the next few months than the D3 IMHO.

Naw, I wish, lol. I dont have that type of money to spend im afraid. I had the D1 for, um, a year and a half. I dont want to jump ship quick, i just would like a keyboard. Swype is great, but i was seriously quick with a keyboard. That was the main thing i loved about my D1, until the keyboard got hard to use.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
swappa dot com is a good site to see what the market price is for Android handsets.

$425-$460 is what they have available right now. I don't think you are going to get $600 for a used TBolt, no matter what shape it's in. Just my opinion.