Question about selling RAZR MAXX w or w/o SIM

TheOMB

Reaction score
I just got myself into a RAZR MAXX at the current two for one price. I'm past 2 yr contract on my Droid 1 (bought it the week it came out) and can't wait for the MAXX :) My wife (were on family plan) does not want a smartphone. Can someone double check me on the following route to selling a RAZR MAXX (as I was told this will work fine and see it working on eBay)

1. I've renewed both phone contracts, currently got 2 RAZR MAXX's being shipped to me.
2. I have to activate both (not exactly sure why, I was told I have to activate to keep my two for one price or something like that)
3. Then I go and re-activate wife's line back to old phone.
4. Then I'm good to go sell the RAZR MAXX by taking the 4G LTE SIM Card out?

What I don't know is do I sell this RAZR MAXX without or without the SIM card?
Chances are, I will be selling to someone I don't know on eBay. SIM cards can be had free from Verizon OR who knows the buyer might already have one.
If selling with out SIM card I may get a few dollars less? I dunno.

Any comments appreciated.

Marc

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The buyer needs to get his/her own 4G LTE sim card. I certainly wouldn't send my sim card to someone else. I could be wrong but I am 99% sure that he/she will need their own.

Kack

Reaction score
i was told by a vzw mgr that i should keep my sim card when i sold my thunderbolt. and that the person who bought ir would need to go to vzw and get one.

vatothe0

Reaction score
This is why data plans are required when activating any smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

OP
T

TheOMB

Reaction score
Yup so SIM Card goes with customers line (which is what I thought) but just wanted to be sure.

vatothe0
This is why data plans are required when activating any smartphone.​

Yup makes sense, just hope what Verizon rep told me and what I've seen on eBay is true. Data plan can be knocked off the line once you go back to old phone that does not require data.

Thanks, Marc

Last edited: