no sim card

missycoconuts

Reaction score
I just bought a razr maxx off ebay. when I received it, it had no sim card in it. Does anybody know where I can get a sim card. I cant wait to start using it but without sim card that is kind hard to do :-(

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Verizon corporate store. Most likely they will give it to you for free. Don't go to an authorized dealer because they might charge you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
M

missycoconuts

Reaction score
I am not planning on using it with verizon though but with Metropcs. I am going to have to get my phone flashed. Will I only be able to get the sim card if I activate thru verizon?
Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
missycoconuts said:
I am not planning on using it with verizon though but with Metropcs. I am going to have to get my phone flashed. Will I only be able to get the sim card if I activate thru verizon?
Thanks

I think metro will have to provide the sim you need. The sim has the network info on it and is your phones ticket to accessing that particular network. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

missycoconuts

Reaction score
Hmmmm good question. I dont think metropcs will have a sim card like that? Would they? My sim card is a lot bigger. Do sim cards come in different shapes and sizes? Im so green........lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
missycoconuts said:
Hmmmm good question. I dont think metropcs will have a sim card like that? Would they? My sim card is a lot bigger. Do sim cards come in different shapes and sizes? Im so green........lol

Yes sim cards come in different shapes and sizes, at least 2. The bionic takes a larger simcard while the razr takes a smaller simcard. The sim size that the razr takes has been around for a while. Its the standard GSM simcard size and shape.

A bit of history for you. The tech that the sim is derived from actually comes from credit cards. Back in the mid to late 90s the US military used the same type of gold foil chip on smart cards that were typically issued to recruits upon entering boot camp. Smart cards are how you received your paycheck, until you had your direct deposits setup through either AFB or your personal bank. Needles trivia there, but I'm in a chatty mood tonight :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

B

bens42608

What kind does the d4 have? Also, I'm thinking about using my upgrade before June 28 buried like to get one thatbi can easily just switch similar cards with my bionic because the onlynother way I know how is to call Verizon and staynon hold for an hour to switch phones. Am I right? U can just switch Sims, right? What other droids would I be able to switch back & forth with? I didn't know where else to ask this. I searched and this looked like the most appropriate pl@ce

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
What kind does the d4 have? Also, I'm thinking about using my upgrade before June 28 buried like to get one thatbi can easily just switch similar cards with my bionic because the onlynother way I know how is to call Verizon and staynon hold for an hour to switch phones. Am I right? U can just switch Sims, right? What other droids would I be able to switch back & forth with? I didn't know where else to ask this. I searched and this looked like the most appropriate pl@ce

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The d4 takes a micro sim, same as the razr. I cant help as far as knowing what other phones take the larger sim.

Sent from my DROID4

Caesars

Reaction score
Ugh why didn't sim cards die with iden....