Question about phone upgrade? kinda

Bpowder33

Reaction score
So my wife has an incredible II which is a 3g phone. If I were to buy her a rezound or other 4G phone off swappa and put her sim card in it what would happen? Would 4G work? Would she need a different sim card? Is she stuck in 3g land? Don't want to lose unlimited data plan so trying to figure out what we can do to get her up to speed.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't think the Dinc2 has a sim card. Only 4g phones do. That being said you can buy a 4g phone off Swappa and get a sim from your local corp VZ store and have them activate the phone right there at the store.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Koo, I wasn't sure if they'd try making me change her data plan since it's just a 3g phone. There is definitely some kinda card behind the battery though. Saw it yesterday when I took the battery off. Pretty sure it wasn't an sd card too.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Just did some quick research and it is a world phone and does have a sim card. So what's that mean if we put it in a 4G phone?

acejavelin

Reaction score
You will need a new SIM, the SIM card in the Incredible 2 is a GSM SIM for it's world mode and not for Verizon 4G. I think they will just send you one if you call customer service though and tell them you got a used one you wish to activate in place of the existing one.