Question About K-9 And Mail Notification

iamloco724

Reaction score
i have my k-9 mail notification set to only flash led right now..but i would like to set it for a sound notification during certain hours and led at the others..is there a way to do this?

griz8791

Reaction score
How are you controlling how it notifies you? I have looked and looked for this and can't find it.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
when your in an account you hit menu and go to account settings its all the way down

griz8791

Reaction score
You might check out Locale in the Android Market. It changes the behavior of various functions like notifications based on where the GPS says you are and, I think, the time of day. I don't know much about it because I haven't tried it. I'm basing this on what I have read here.

In my notification area under accounts, I just have settings to notify in status bar when mail arrives, notify for mail I sent, new mail ringtone, vibrate, and notify in status bar while mail is checked. I don't have anything that will let me get at the LED. Have you been able to customize yours somehow, or are you just saying it flashes the LED by default and you haven't turned any other notifications on?

BTW, what color does yours flash for new K-9 e-mail? Mine is magenta, which is OK, but I would really like to know if there is a way to get control over the color . . .

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
yeah im saying i have sound and vibrate off so it flashes just the led i havnt been able to choose color of the led..and for mine its like a purple punk its flashes sometimes it randomly shows blue for a sec or 2

and only problem with locale is i dont use gps often so i have it off and dont want to turn it on so i can conserve battery

dkelly701

Reaction score
You mention you only need to make changes dependent on time so Timeriffic or Sound Manager should both do what you want. I started with Timerific but I think I like Sound Manager better. Both are free.

yeah im saying i have sound and vibrate off so it flashes just the led i havnt been able to choose color of the led..and for mine its like a purple punk its flashes sometimes it randomly shows blue for a sec or 2

and only problem with locale is i dont use gps often so i have it off and dont want to turn it on so i can conserve battery

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
these apps look good but i have one major problem..i cant really customize as much as i want because i want to have a schedule just for mail notifications because like i dont want to be notified by sound for new mail at 3am..but if i get a text message i want to be notified by sound