Question About Flash I Haven't Seen Answered Yet

nooter99

Reaction score
Can anyone who has installed FRG22 and Flash please tell me if this allows you to stream Sirius satellite radio through their website. I know there is a Sirius app, I have it installed, but you cannot get Sterns channels when using app. I'm hoping with flash I can stream directly, can anyone confirm that this can be done?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that it cannot be done, Sirius has an added fee for the app itself and if they were to let you stream through the phones browser they would be losing out, like Hulu it is blocked on mobile devices

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
But I already pay the additional monthly fee which allows me to stream through a PC. When I stream through a PC I get all the channels, including Stern, have been doing it for several years. I was asking if flash will make this possible through my Droid 1 from a technical standpoint, not whether there are fees involved.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand the question and was trying to give you the most detailed answer I could to cover all bases

Like Hulu, Sirius has blocked streaming via the browser on mobile devices, flash or no flash.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This question has been asked many times, the answer doesn't change. Flash or no flash no Stern on Sirius/XM. I understand the OP's theory but as tparker76 says they are blocking that from streaming to our devices.

I think what happens here are once again people's expectations being a little about what a smartphone does and what a computer does. While smart phones are getting more like computers they are still phones that have computer features, not computers that happen to have a phone. So there is still a long way to go with smart phones.

Now I imagine Sirius/XM makes it's money off of subscriptions and if you purchase another radio, you pay an additional subscription fee. Stern (for whatever reason) is one of their prize packages so they are going to want you to pay for that additional subscription fee even though you may already be paying for him on the internet.

droidilac

Reaction score
quick question....

What if you set your "user agent" on the browser to "computer" instead of Androidmobile device? Would it make a difference?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score