Question about FaceUnlock

speedyroo

Reaction score
Now I've heard that it's not foolproof - that sometimes someone that looks like you can unlock it. What I want to know though is - what if it IS you and it decides not to unlock, is there another way to unlock it? I mean I don't want to be having a bad hair day or something and have it not open for me and not access my phone. :icon_ devil::p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you should try it for yourself, if the face unlock isn't recognized it goes to a pin or a pattern.

face unlock is more of a convenience feature than a security feature, Google said so themselves. So if someone does manage to get your phone they won't be able to get in because they won't know the PIN or the pattern unlock.

Nubbie

Reaction score
if it fails. (which it does fairly often) lighting, just doesnt work. then it goes into a secondary unlock. of your choosing. pattern, pin. whatever.

OP
S

speedyroo

Reaction score
you should try it for yourself, if the face unlock isn't recognized it goes to a pin or a pattern.

face unlock is more of a convenience feature than a security feature, Google said so themselves. So if someone does manage to get your phone they won't be able to get in because they won't know the PIN or the pattern unlock.

Well I Didnt want to try it and have it fail! Thanks for the reply though. I will try it now. :)

DC 1127

Reaction score
Yeah. They thought of this. If it decides not to unlock then you can use a backup pattern password that you set. I remember thinking the same thing when I watched the announcement video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums