Question about downloading.

TheHawkWhoLived

Reaction score
  • When you download an app/widget and then uninstall it, is it removed from your memory card/phone?
  • Is there a way to view what is saved on the memory card?
  • Does downloading then uninstalling apps frequently cause problems to the phone? Like if I keep downloading apps then uninstalling them, over and over, am I going to have issues?
  • When I uninstall an app/widget, does it also remove all skins/themes I downloaded with them??
  • Also when I use a home replacement app such as Home++ or Sweeter homes etc... And make them the default one when I press home, how do I get back to the Droid home screen again? Is the only option to uninstall the home replacement?
  • When I download something from the browser, it stays in the download section in the browser. How do I remove it from there? For example if I download Swype through my phone, how do I get rid of the .apk file? I mean I can uninstall the app, but I'll still have the download in the download section.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you download an app/widget and then uninstall it, is it removed from your memory card/phone?
You can see for yourself by using a file manager app but no, they remain on your SD card until you delete them.

Is there a way to view what is saved on the memory card?
Yup. A file manager. I use Astro but there are several options.

Does downloading then uninstalling apps frequently cause problems to the phone? Like if I keep downloading apps then uninstalling them, over and over, am I going to have issues?
Shouldn't but it's not inconceivable that an app would leave stuff behind and that eventually that would cause problems.

When I download something from the browser, it stays in the download section in the browser. How do I remove it from there? For example if I download Swype through my phone, how do I get rid of the .apk file? I mean I can uninstall the app, but I'll still have the download in the download section.
Again, file manager. ;)

Enter

Reaction score
  • Also when I use a home replacement app such as Home++ or Sweeter homes etc... And make them the default one when I press home, how do I get back to the Droid home screen again? Is the only option to uninstall the home replacement?

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Home++
Towards the bottom it will say: Launch by default then clear defaults. Clear it.