question about disabling app auto update, and phone disturbing home comptuter's WIFI

darkmedia

Reaction score
Hi. So I couldn't find any threads on here or other places on the web that answered my two questions which brings me here.

1. Since the last system update, i am constantly getting prompts to update apps. DO NOT WANT! It usually prompts me to install them but at least a few times the apps have been updated without my consent. Is there a way to disable this and stop the prompts?

2. Whenever I plug my phone in to my comptuter to charge or transfer media via mini usb, my home comptuter's WIFI will be instantly disconnected and i will have to reconnect it manually. I am running windows 7 and have Motorola Device Manager 2.4.3. installed. In my network and sharing center control panel, an "unidentified network" will pop up as soon as i plug the phone in and my WIFI is disconnected as if my computer thinks the phone is an internet device. Im wondering if this has happened to anyone else on windows and if the problem is realted to my phone or my computer.

Thanks,
J

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
On #1 go to the Google Store app and tap the soft settings button - in settings uncheck notifications. Not certain about #2 as I don't have any Moto phones.

Last edited:
OP
D

darkmedia

Reaction score
On #1 go to the Google Store app and tap the soft settings button - in settings uncheck notifications. Not certain about #2 as I don't have any Moto phones.

Thank you kind sir! I would have never thought to look for settings on the app store page. I was also able to find a "do not auto update" button that i pressed the ***k out of :)

If anyone has any input on the WIFI issue, please chime in. Its maddening.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Thank you kind sir! I would have never thought to look for settings on the app store page. I was also able to find a "do not auto update" button that i pressed the ***k out of :)

If anyone has any input on the WIFI issue, please chime in. Its maddening.

Uninstall Motorola Device Manager 2.4.3, worthless to have anyway.

OP
D

darkmedia

Reaction score
Uninstall Motorola Device Manager 2.4.3, worthless to have anyway.

yeah, thas what i thought. I thought it might help with my problem but nah.. I will search for a solution with windows networking which is most likely the case anyway.
peace