Disabling apps

TheTopBloke

Reaction score
Ok, I've got a brand spanking new phone here, I've RTFMd and Searched the forums, and I'm having a huge problem charging the battery. I've powered the phone off twice, rebooted twice (power and low vol buttons for 10 seconds). And still certain apps (2 demo games) are showing up as using battery, and I would have assumed those apps would have shutdown. Well I forced those 2 apps to quit, and disabled them and still they show up. I disabled wifi. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The problem is apparently the new charger/USB cable. I plugged my old blackberry USB cable to the phone to my PC and instant charge. I'd still like to know more about apps and shutting them down. If anyone can point me to some good threads I'd really appreciate it.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Best advice I can give is root the device, remove offending applications and unroot if root is not your thing.

Just because an app shows as running/backgrounded does not mean it's using battery.

OP
T

TheTopBloke

Reaction score
Well I got it to charge to other night, used it all day yesterday no problems, and just plugged it in this morning to recharge, using the blackberry usb cable that worked last time when the brand new charger and usb cable that the droid came with did not work, and now it won't charge. What a POS.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not saying this is your problem, but for future reference only use cables designed for your phone or future problems may arise. For your current problem I say return it/exchange it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
T

TheTopBloke

Reaction score
Not saying this is your problem, but for future reference only use cables designed for your phone or future problems may arise. For your current problem I say return it/exchange it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That's the irony. I've tried it a few times now, and the blackberry usb cable works, but the motorola one doesn't. So I know it's not the phone. I'll have to contact the phone co. tomorrow and get the cable changed.

It's a great phone when it works, and now it seems to be working without having to reboot it. Time to root it. :p

snowman

Reaction score
it is a great phone trust me it's sweet
get the charger replaced and if thats not it get a new phone you always have some that are bad new
there are almost no reported problems and this phone has been out a couple months now
anything can happen though
Root to freeze programs but as said in previous it does not mean it's burning battery because it's in background
you also might want to wait for 4.2 to come out to get that upgrade
did you update to Jelly bean yet ? in the about phone it shoud say Android version 4.1.1 when updated
it's a monster update be plugged in it took me over and hour to download at 4G

I'm on my 4th charge and it can last 2-3 days on a charge depending on use and of course after the battery starts really taking a true full charge

OP
T

TheTopBloke

Reaction score
Aside from the charger issue I am happy with the phone. At most the battery has lasted two days so far and that's with some decent use. So I'm going to have them send me out a new charger. It still works just fine on the old blackberry usb cable for now.

What is Jelly Bean exactly? I know I recently did an update over wifi and it didnt take too long. Just checked my Android version is 4.1.1.

Speaking of some of those lemon phones. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this stuff that is "made in china" is getting worse in quality over the last few years? Just a general observation about everything electronic.