PHONE WILL NOT BOOT "AP- Fastboot Flash Mode (S)"

b.adam

Reaction score
Good morning peeps wherever you are! So before i hit the hay yesterday i plugged my beloved phone to charge, waking up to see this.

*I have not rooted my phone
*I havent downloaded any new apps the past 4 days
*I havent done anything out of the ordinary yesterday with the phone
*I use my original USB cable Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 10.12.45 AM.png
*Whenever I try to simultaneously press: Power + Vol(-) + Vol(+). The menu comes out, i tried selecting each one and it ultimately takes me back to the same error page
*Tried removing the sim and rebooting: Fail
*Tried Removing the SD card and rebooting: Fail
*Connected it to the computer and did all these steps: Fail

Any help or explanation will be very appreciated, thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You could try using rsd lite to restore ICS or the 1.10 utility in development/hacking to do the same thing. You could also try to go into recovery and wipe data... but, as it sounds you will lose everything either way. If that doesn't work sounds like you might need a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
B

b.adam

Reaction score
Okay some questions as of this point and time:
*My data is irretrievable? i.e. any solution to this screen involves a master clear?
*I see this screen on several forums but it's always associated with an illegitimate pre-released update or with rooting, any idea why mine may have decided to do so all by itself?
*Which (Flash File) do i use to "restore" ICS?
*I tried entering [All modes] the phone always takes me back to the same screen.

I'll write down the error screen incase it's not easily visible when you click the picture:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2012-11-03 09:05:33)
eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery OK (kind of afraid that it'll be drained before i find a solution)

Transfer Mode: USB Connected

Failed to hab check for boot: 0x35
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
usb connected​

KaChow

Reaction score
Okay some questions as of this point and time:
*My data is irretrievable? i.e. any solution to this screen involves a master clear?
*I see this screen on several forums but it's always associated with an illegitimate pre-released update or with rooting, any idea why mine may have decided to do so all by itself?
*Which (Flash File) do i use to "restore" ICS?
*I tried entering [All modes] the phone always takes me back to the same screen.

I'll write down the error screen incase it's not easily visible when you click the picture:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2012-11-03 09:05:33)
eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery OK (kind of afraid that it'll be drained before i find a solution)

Transfer Mode: USB Connected

Failed to hab check for boot: 0x35
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
usb connected​

From the looks of your situation this will be the ideal route to take to get your phone back. If you plan to stay Un-Rooted and continue with your stock factory setup.

Begin here, take MattLGroff’s DROID RAZR UTILITY and download it. For best result extract it to your desktop. Make sure usb debugging is enabled on your phone and open the DROID RAZR UTILITY and double click on the DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility. Let the program open and have your phone in Fastboot Flash Mode.

1. Go with selection 1 to restore to ics 4.0.4
2. After phone reboots into ics, accept and install the 0.7 OTA update.
3. Install OTA JB update on phone.
4. After JB is installed reboot.

Take these two backup apps to protect your info in the future (they can be used now without root,I believe) if you don’t have them already sms backup and call log backup. Also if you plan to stay Un-Rooted or Stock this is a good backup tool overall.

OP
B

b.adam

Reaction score
After talking over with the guy from tech support, the actual one, i understood that the phone needs to come in because it's could be a "hardware problem" (not a manufacturing defect). A bit inconvenient because i'm over seas, i was wishing it was a software thing and i could go around the hassle. Their Customer service is not really running the whole joint right, its actually a bit sad.

How can i use the droid utility if my phone wont boot in recovery or factory mode? it always takes me back to the first screen. If i choose APFast boot from the boot menu, it also takes me to the first screen but with a slightly different error message at the complete bottom.

Fastboot Reason:press any key

I hadn't rooted the phone specifically for this predicament i'm in, if i was certain this was soley a software issue, i'd take this thing apart and mend it myself; that would void my warranty, but as of the situation i'm in along with the mediocrity of this company's service and repair department and complete disregard to create an environment that everyone can benefit from. **** this.