Question about defective Droid phones

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hello all. So my GF got a droid 3 yesterday in the mail. Today she is already experiencing alot of the bugs that I've been hearing about. Reboots, freezes, lagging, contacts not syncing, wallpaper keeps switching, etc. So of course we will see about getting a replacement for her. But what if this problem persists on her next droid 3 and the one after? Will Verizon let her swap to another phone in their lineup? Or is she stuck until Motorola pushes a fix or for the duration of her two year contract?

And is Motorola good with pushing out fixes to known problems?

JRParsons

Reaction score
If she is within 14 days she can bring it back, she will be charged a restocking fee. I think it's $35, she could then reactivate her old phone or buy any other model. After the 14 days she is stuck with her D3 or a refurbed D3. It is very rare that VW will let you switch phones after the 14 days.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
she wont be able to return this one. already traded in for the d3, so that was her last authorized trade in. So I guess the answer is she is stuck if the phone is a bust.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Since I'm not familiar with the history, you should most likely call Verizon Wireless and explain that the phone is not working properly and let them lay out your options. I don't have a D3, so someone else may be able to answer the technical questions regarding the phone and updates. I was under the impression that when you got a phone you always had 14 days as a trial period, subject to the restocking fee.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well I don't know how it would work if the phones she was getting kept on turning our defective. Maybe there is a different clause for defective phones. We will have to see how it turns out. Also, the Better Business Bureau helps. Haha. I had a recent run in with Verizon, and they helped out alot.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
As I remember, you had a fairly short period of time to test a replaced phone before being stuck with it. The odds of getting a second buggerd phone is not all that great though.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I hope u r right on both counts my friend.