Question about #DATA...

userofdroidphone

Reaction score
I bought my Droid on the 26th of May and whenever I dial #DATA i get a note that says "Data usage will be reset on 6/4" in the first text message that tells you the number of texts sent/recieved. Why will the data usage be reset on 6/4 when i bought the phone on May 26th? I've already used 1.7 GB of data and i dont want to go over 5GB by the end of the billing cycle....tbh my dad pays for the phone so i dont know that much about the billing process. is it normal for billing cycles to start several days after buying the phone?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bought my Droid on the 26th of May and whenever I dial #DATA i get a note that says "Data usage will be reset on 6/4" in the first text message that tells you the number of texts sent/recieved. Why will the data usage be reset on 6/4 when i bought the phone on May 26th? I've already used 1.7 GB of data and i dont want to go over 5GB by the end of the billing cycle....tbh my dad pays for the phone so i dont know that much about the billing process. is it normal for billing cycles to start several days after buying the phone?

there is not a 5GB limit on the phone..... trust me i've hit 7+ gigs a few months and have not had any extra charges on my bill.

the 5gb limit your thinking of is only for tethering or data cards.

OP
U

userofdroidphone

Reaction score

there is not a 5GB limit on the phone..... trust me i've hit 7+ gigs a few months and have not had any extra charges on my bill.

the 5gb limit your thinking of is only for tethering or data cards.

>_>

eliassami5

Reaction score
unlimited DATA is UNLIMITED....if you abide by the rules of the contract. If you start tethering then you are violating the terms of your contract and if VZW finds out they will bill you for the data used. Have never heard of it happening but its just a precaution, dont go running up a 20Gigs a month.

eliassami5

Reaction score
oh and download my verizon from the market, it will show you lots of info about your plan and how much data you have used and minutes and txts and w/e you want to know.

OP
U

userofdroidphone

Reaction score
thanks, that app is really useful.

Do you guys think that 2.1 GB in 29 days is excessive?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
U

userofdroidphone

Reaction score
Hmm...do you think it would be stupid to download a 1.14GB file tonight? This is probably gonna be a one time type of thing, as this download is something I really need.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hmm...do you think it would be stupid to download a 1.14GB file tonight? This is probably gonna be a one time type of thing, as this download is something I really need.

I see nothing wrong with it.