question about data plan

justlillie

Reaction score
I don't know if this is true, but I heard elsewhere that Verizon capped the "unlimited" data plan to 5gb monthy. I'm a big data user and I usually use over 5gb monthy...
I'm just wondering that if I turn on wifi whenever I'm back at home, does it matters if I go over 5gb usage on wifi? Will they charge me extra? :icon_eek:

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
There is no 5gb limit. 5gb limit for tethering.

However, if you do start to tether without a tethering plan, and rack up large amounts of data, they can slap you with a huge bill.

But no, there is no limit for data used on the phone.

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
Rather then get hit with a big bill If ya need to Tether just spend the extra $15 a month for it from VZ

OP
J

justlillie

Reaction score
There is no 5gb limit. 5gb limit for tethering.

However, if you do start to tether without a tethering plan, and rack up large amounts of data, they can slap you with a huge bill.

But no, there is no limit for data used on the phone.

phew..ok thanks :)

Grabraham

Reaction score
Rather then get hit with a big bill If ya need to Tether just spend the extra $15 a month for it from VZ

I have seen this in other threads, and maybe it was just the rep/store I bought mine at but I had a thetering plan for the past 4 years and they made me drop the extra 15/ month when I bought the DROID I was told that plan is not supported with the droid... YMMV :icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering that if I turn on wifi whenever I'm back at home, does it matters if I go over 5gb usage on wifi? Will they charge me extra? :icon_eek:
Doesn't matter what you use on WiFi. WiFi isn't part of Verizon's network.