Question about Darkslide

HayWire

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I want to try Darkslide 4.2, but saw you have to be at least on 2. 32? I think my x is on 2.2.1 how can I go about getting what I need to be able to run Darkslide? FYI I am currently running Liberty 1.5, just want to try something new!
Also I assume I need to wipe data before installing the rom?

Thanks in advance!

Love this board!

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
2.3.340 Is the final version in reguards to 2.2.320. If you are on Liberty you are on 2.3.340. 2.2.1 is just the Android Version, not the system version. So you're all good to go.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
2.3.340 Is the final version in reguards to 2.2.320. If you are on Liberty you are on 2.3.340. 2.2.1 is just the Android Version, not the system version. So you're all good to go.

Thanks, I have it running but have a few questions since it is only my second rom on the x.

1) The Liberty logo still shows up on boot, not a big deal but was wondering what should be there and how to go about getting it there?

2) My screen seems to timeout alot faster then on liberty, is this a feature of darkslide and can I adjust the time(it would time out while I'm viewing a web page or anything.. I want it to be quick on a time out and go blank but not that quick!)

Thanks!

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
The Liberty logo is called the BootLogo. You can do a Google search or look around on threads here for how to change it. Their are even some apps in the market that will do it for you.

In terms of the second question I do not know. I have never used DarkSlide so unfortunately I cannot help you there. You could try asking your question in the DarkSlide section of the Droid X ROMs section. Or possibly on MyDroidWorld.com which seems to be the ROM creators main forum.

Good luck =)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fatpomp

Reaction score
Did you try changing the settings for the srceen timeout. Its under Menu)Settings)Display)Screen Timeout

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
I have flashed from stock to liberty numerous times. I'm not really sure why the bootlogo still appears after wiping and flashing back to stock, but you can change the bootlogo back to stock in liberty or any other bootlogo app and it will at least appear to be stock again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Did you try changing the settings for the srceen timeout. Its under Menu)Settings)Display)Screen Timeout

Thanks, I had forgotten about this. Also, I see there is a built task manager? I thought those guys were a big no no?

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
. Also, I see there is a built task manager? I thought those guys were a big no no?
You're thinking of Task Killers. Task Manger you can see what processes your phone is running, make sure nothing is locked up. See how much is being utilized.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.