Question about D2G limitation

Masamichi7

Reaction score
So, just wanted to pose a possible noob question: why are D2 and DX Rom's capable of having the transparent pulldown bar, and the true AOSP lockscreen with the rotary option, and yet the D2G apparently isn't?

I know due to the dual band radios, there are significant differences in the Blur framework, but I wouldn't think it would affect the option to build an AOSP lockscreen into a Rom for it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
What makes you say it cant be done? If it can be done on the D2G? Not arguing just asking.

I dont know if it is ASOP but Liberty can do it, and theres a lockscreen app on the market that can do it, and that was when I was using cupcake on my old phone.

OP
Masamichi7

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Well, Liberty isn't actually a D2G rom, and obviously has a ton of bugs, due to not having our native framework,
And all the lockscreen mimic apps I've seen have been pretty far from being anywhere near as good as AOSP.
I was just wondering why no native D2G Rom's have the ability to implement the true AOSP lock, and the transparent pulldown.

Its especially odd, considering that Angdroid put it in versions of his Fission Rom for the D2 foreverrrrrr ago, but was never able to put it in the D2G version, which unfortunately has no support anymore.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm sure it can be done and its on my list of things to atleast look into (no, my "to do" list isnt complete by any means). I just currently have no clue how to go about implementing it.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well, Liberty isn't actually a D2G rom, and obviously has a ton of bugs, due to not having our native framework,
It runs perfectly stable for me. What problem were you having exactly?

And all the lockscreen mimic apps I've seen have been pretty far from being anywhere near as good as AOSP.
What exaclty is it your trying to achieve by the ASOP lock screen? Transparency?

I was just wondering why no native D2G Rom's have the ability to implement the true AOSP lock, and the transparent pulldown.
I have Liberty, obviously, with the Epic Blue and Bold theme, and I have a transparent pull down bar.