Question about Contacts on Droid

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I have a question about the contacts on the Droid, and Android in general I guess for that matter. When I got my Droid I had my contacts updated from my old smartphone and everything seemed great. Then I added my FB account and google account and it synced more contacts from there. My problem is that most of the contacts that were similar between those three lists got combined. Ones that were not similar coming over from my old phone seem to have disappeared from the contacts list and they also do not come up if I use the search function. But if I type in the number manually it will come up as the known contact on the phone screen. Why is that and how do I get those contacts to show up in my main contacts list?

bomber889

Reaction score
You probably pressed sync all, instead of sync only with contacts when setting up your facebook account.

OP
T

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Alright well then why does it still recognize the contacts that were ported over from my old phone when I manually type them in?

Jeepers

Reaction score
Alright well then why does it still recognize the contacts that were ported over from my old phone when I manually type them in?

When you open up your contact list - at the top are 4 boxes - check out the ''favorites'' and see if they are there..

I had to do ALOT of editing at the g-mail contact list to 'fix' things up - but now I have them just where and how I want them on the phone

Droids

Reaction score
Clean them up as much as possible in your gmail account, at your computer, not the phone. If you still have any weirdness going on, you can export them from gmail as a csv file and open it in Excel. In Excel it will be easy to further clean them up, make sure all are listed correctly and no duplicates.

Then delete all contacts from gmail (including most called) and import the csv. Gmail will sync the newly fixed up contacts to your phone. Make a backup copy of the csv file before editing it.

BoostHungry

Reaction score
You mentioned about finding similar contacts being combined. The phone's also have a tendency of combing multiple contacts into 1 contact for no reason. I had this problem with an "Amanda" and a "Mandy", it kept combing the 2 for no reason. If you open up the combined contact there is an option to "Separate" (or something like that) that will break the contact up into 2 distinct contacts. I think you can find this option by hitting the settings button when the contact is open.