Question about backup...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
What I'm most interested in backing up, is my application settings; Handcent, TapaTalk, PowerAmp, etc. Two questions:

1. Can that be done, without being rooted? If so, how?
2. If it requires being rooted, do all the methods for rooting the previous versions, hold true for 181?

Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
What I'm most interested in backing up, is my application settings; Handcent, TapaTalk, PowerAmp, etc. Two questions:

2. If it requires being rooted, do all the methods for rooting the previous versions, hold true for 181?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted to back up application settings. The RazrUtility and RSDlite will root .181. I recommend using the RazrUtility...you can download it over in the DroidRazr Hacks section next door.

SallyC

Reaction score

Thanks.

I use My Backup Pro and am not rooted. Some programs will allow what you want according to their FAQ.

- Can MyBackup backup the data specific to my other applications?

We can not get the applications data because of security built into Android. But we have provided developers the ability to integrate with us and some are beginning to do this. If you would like any application to have the ability to be backed up by MyBackup Pro, you may want to contact the developers of such applications and have them contact us for instructions on how to integrate with us.

Or, if you root your phone, you will be able to backup all applications data\settings

- What third party applications do you support for backing up the application specific data?

Have a look here http://www.rerware.com/Android/Integration.aspx

If you are interested in other applications, please email the developers as they can integrate with us very easily

I don't see the ones you listed there though, unfortunately.

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted to back up application settings. The RazrUtility and RSDlite will root .181. I recommend using the RazrUtility...you can download it over in the DroidRazr Hacks section next door.
And once rooted, simply use Titanium Backup?

I don't see the ones you listed there though, unfortunately.
Me neither. Thanks for the response.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
And once rooted, simply use Titanium Backup?

Me neither. Thanks for the response.
I'm not sure, I know TiBu will backup all apps/data but you have to restore them using CWM. You can root and use RazrBootstrap to make a nandroid (complete backup of your rom) and restore from there also.