Q4 2010 new Droids?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hello all!

So after googling the internet for days, I've read some interesting things.

I've read that HTC, LG, and Motorola all plan to release Android-running, Tegra 2-powered smartphones, all with front-facing cameras- by Christmas, maybe even by the end of November (although I doubt Motorola's "super phone" will make 2010 sadly).

Assuming this is true (anyone confirm this?), does anyone know if any or all will be 4G capable? And can anyone clarify the above if necessary?

Anyway, which one would you go for, I'm trying to figure out which one I should get, I have one upgrade saved for the coming months!

Now assume all three new phones have the same specs, front-facing camera (all same MP), Android 3.0 (or 2.5, whichever)

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
...and of course that tegra 2 processor.

By the way, I am hesitant to trust Motorola, they've made so many fail devices in the past..... And what's HTC like?

manningfan10

Reaction score
i hope this is true, i am definitely waiting for the tegra 2 motorola device

megawatz

Reaction score
...and of course that tegra 2 processor.

By the way, I am hesitant to trust Motorola, they've made so many fail devices in the past..... And what's HTC like?

Im quite the opposite. HTC has something to do with audiovox, and they wern't the best when it came to good standing devices. All my moto devices (besides the RAZR) worked really well.

To each their own though dancedroid

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Interesting..... The Motorola phone I had many years ago sucked haha, of course this was many years ago..... At this point I'm debating waiting for these Tegra 2 devices, I'm skeptical on the battery life, or just getting the Droid X, which I hear is phenomenal, rightly appointed Verizon's flagship phone.

dave4100

Reaction score
A sales rep at the Pentagon Best Buy said a Verizon rep that visited them, said a new Motorola model with 4G will be out, but not until 2011. Probably Jan or Feb.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah, of course Motorola would be wise to release this in time for the holidays, not that they should rush this phone. But perhaps planning it out so that it would be ready by Christmas?

tameone

Reaction score
Nobody knows what will be coming.. at least nobody that is talking. I suspect we will see a T2 powered Motorola smartphone in Q1 2011, but 4g capable? Skeptical.

And asking people to suggest one of three phones that we have absolutely no clue about is kind of fruitless :)

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Actually since I said to assume they all had the same specs, the only differences between the three phones would be their manufacturers. So basically, I wasn't asking what phone I should get, but really what manufacturer I can trust with my next phone.

Otherwise, good point. And with 4G, I don't mind sticking with 3G for a couple more years, less strain on 3G network if everyone is on 4G, so maybe faster speeds?

R

RETG

Years ago, I had motorola and it was a POS. Started using LG products and never had any problems. Switched to RIM (Blackberry) and have great phones, but the software updates drove me crazy.

Doing research over the past few months, not only on the internet, but via friends, locally and across the country, it appears HTC or Motorola droids are the models to get.

HTC looks good, but the one fault I have found in talking with people is reception for the actual phone. It appears, Motos can pull in signal where HTC fails. Very true where I live, and something I seriously have to consider since I live in an area that is well covered in town and on major state highways, but off the beaten path, I need a strong phone.

So, for me, it appears Moto will be the way to go.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well I had a Palm and got signla just fine, so I think htcshould work for me, plus you can sync contacts with Outlook, i dont care it there's a thrid-party app for just that, I like how htc just has it! And sense looks promising.

Another thing htc seems to have problems with is thw letters "htc" on the back of their phones, some, especially on the Droid Incredible, come off fairly easily.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Years ago, I had motorola and it was a POS. Started using LG products and never had any problems. Switched to RIM (Blackberry) and have great phones, but the software updates drove me crazy.

Doing research over the past few months, not only on the internet, but via friends, locally and across the country, it appears HTC or Motorola droids are the models to get.

HTC looks good, but the one fault I have found in talking with people is reception for the actual phone. It appears, Motos can pull in signal where HTC fails. Very true where I live, and something I seriously have to consider since I live in an area that is well covered in town and on major state highways, but off the beaten path, I need a strong phone.

So, for me, it appears Moto will be the way to go.

Yea, Motorola has been doing great with their high end smartphones. They put call quality and build quality first and arguably they succeed at being the best in those department.

@jimmyco2008 A Terga 2 Motorola Phone wont be coming out this year. Motorola doesn't want to hurt the sales of their consumer directed Droid X and Droid 2 this holiday and their Droid Pro. Also, its said to be launching on AT&T first, and Verizon might be last to receive the phone due to be CDMA and on top of that wanting it to utilize their LTE network.
What I suggest is picking up a Droid X with a 1 year contract and upgrade next summer to whatever 4G phone is out.